ZoomCar - Principal Architect - Java/J2EE (4-6 yrs)
Job Description :
- At Zoomcar, we aim to create an unparalleled web experience across the platform for our users.
- We're searching for an innovative, high energy, bright individual with a demonstrated record of building successful web apps.
- Understanding the product vision and business KPIs from the customer and market perspective is key.
Key Responsibilities :
- Independently own, drive and evolve product systems/sub-systems
- Architect highly scalable, highly available systems with minimal guidance.
- Suggest new architectural elements to improve the existing system.
- Translate business requirements into scalable and extensible design.
- Continuously refactor applications to ensure high-quality design.
- Write high-quality code that is modular, functional and test-able;
- Establish the best coding practices.
- Formally mentor junior engineers on design, coding, and troubleshooting.
- Practice and advocate best SDLC processes in the team.
Required Skills :
- 8+ years of experience in consumer platform/product using Java/J2EE or Ruby/RoR tech stacks
- Exposure to web-scale architecture and big data systems is a plus.
- Good understanding of Containers, 12-factor applications and microservices is a plus.
- Exposure to Ruby and Go is desirable.
- Very strong object-oriented design skills, awareness of design patterns and architectural patterns
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly collaborative and comfortable with both high-level planning and tactical execution.
- Heuristics analysis of behavioral and transactional analytics to support product improvements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced internet start-up environment.
- Experience in technical mentorship/coaching is highly desirable.
Must have :
- Proficiency in at least one compiled language like Java, Scala, Golang, etc.
- Has worked on both relational and non-relational databases.
- Has worked on performance tuning, fault tolerance and has used multiple design frameworks.
- Has worked on high traffic distributed systems.
- Has a decent knowledge of one cloud platform.
- Has built microservices from scratch.
Good to have :
- Proficiency in one interpreted language like Ruby, Python.
- Has worked on AWS.
- Has worked on frontend technologies.
- Has worked on caching technologies like Redis, Memcache, etc.
- Has worked on stream processing technologies like Kafka.
- Has worked on queuing systems like Rabbitmq.