Zolo Stays - Engineering Manager - Product Roadmap (6-10 yrs)
Role Overview :
At Zolo, we are looking for an Engineering Manager who is data driven to lead a highly motivated team of engineers and who has the ability and requisite self-direction to work in a fast changing environment with an unwavering focus on end-to-end quality. If You are comfortable jamming on complex architecture and design principles with the team, and you believe that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success than here's a call to join us at Zolo
About ZoloStays :
Zolo is a Nexus and PE funded, series B company which provides fully managed co-living spaces. Valued at more than $100 mn, we are India's fastest moving technology startup in the co-living spaces. With an aim to provide a completely hassle-free long term living experience to working professionals as well as students, our living spaces offer all kinds of basic and luxury living amenities. Our biggest USP for a resident comes from a vibrant residential community, omnichannel platform, top-notch services such as hygienic and healthy food, furnished rooms, daily housekeeping, seamless internet facilities, hi-tech security and much more - all enabled by technology.
Founded by alumni of IIM, IIT, AIIMS, ISB in 2015, we are currently present in 10 cities - Bangalore, Coimbatore, Pune, Kota, Noida, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Chennai and fast expanding to other geographies. We are at a team size of 500+. Serving approximately 15k+ customers daily as we speak, we have aggressive growth plans of catering to around 60k+ by the year-end. Yes, that's a 4X growth that Zolo is poised to grow in the current year.
About the Role / Responsibilities :
- Own and not only have the technical chops to roll up sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects but also build and manage a team of top-notch engineers.
- Contribute to the architecture of the system, take responsibility for quality and stability of the product by getting hands-on with code and design reviews, debugging complex issues, among other things
- You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs.
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring.
- Lead the software development team that includes mentoring, coaching, architecture, dev ops, code review and software infrastructure Work with the executive team to shape and execute the product roadmap
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring. Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
Desired Experience / Background :
- 8+ years of strong experience in full-stack software product development, with at least 3+ years in the engineering leadership position.
- Exposure to Microservice architecture.
- Exposure to DevOps tools like Docker & Kubernetes.
- Experience working with high-performance technical teams and the ability to create a culture based on those best practices.
Desired Competencies :
- Experience in managing engineering teams and mission-critical software projects with customer-facing deliverables on tight deadlines.
- Understand the product and project management space with Agile methodologies.
- Experience across the product development SDLC
- Prior to being in the technical management role, must have had a strong development background and architected scalable systems that have gone live
Location, Compensation & Other Information :
Office Location: HSR Layout, Bangalore, GMap Link - https://goo.gl/maps/4ub4FAorQ4r
Compensation: As per Market Standards (includes ESoPs)
Website Link - https://zolostays.com/
LinkedIn Profiles of Senior Management:
Nikhil Sikri - Co-founder / CEO at Zolostays: Link
Akhil Sikri - Co-founder / CTO at Zolostays: Link
Sooraj Elamana - AVP Engineering: Link
Know more about Zolo and Size of the Coliving Market
What do you get at Zolostays?
Competitive salary, Best in Industry
MacBook Pro for Work
Flexible working hours
Closely work with CTO, CEO & other CXOs along with Highly enthusiastic Product folks.
An environment which lets you fail and learn from failure, consistent feedback and improvement strategies from a career growth perspective and chance to build a framework from scratch at the fastest growing startup in the co-living space.