Recruiter at Zendrive
Views:185 Applications:50 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Zendrive - Product Designer - Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch (6-10 yrs)
- The role of a Product Designer uses the combined skills of a User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), and Interaction Designer to discover and define a problem, and create and design a user-centered product solution.
- As a Product Designer, you'll be required to work closely with product managers, researchers, engineers, and other cross-functional teams / teammates, and be a part of every aspect of the product development process, from conception through launch and scale - working on both strategy and tactics to create products.
- You will optimize for learning each step of the way by exploring divergent directions and converging on feasible and innovative products.
- In addition, you will turn product strategy into simple, elegant, emotive products that people want and love to use. Your design process is holistic, and includes user research, data-driven insights, eliciting team buy-in and rigorous iteration which enables you to prioritize and execute effectively.
PART OF THE TEAM :
- The Product Designer will work with project management, design, and engineering to own design for Zendrive's mobile app - current and future iterations.
- This will require some time meeting with the team to understand objectives, project deliverable needs, and how this product will be used upon completion.
PRODUCT DESIGNER TASKS :
- Identify and refine problems, take broad, conceptual ideas, and turn them into great user experiences.
- Think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build').
- Help set project goals, manage project timelines with design and engineering accordingly, ensure deadlines are met and set up team members for overall success.
- Own the design process end-to-end, from user testing, ideation, sketching, low and high-fidelity designs, prototypes and mockups, and presentations; communicate design approaches.
- Create design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant. Design easy-to-use, user experiences that utilize customer feedback to drive business priorities.
- Put the user first and look for ways that we can accomplish our objectives through experiences that are enjoyable and meaningful for real people.
- Help craft and deliver high-level mockups, designs, specs, and translate those documents for project management and engineering.
- Constantly work and communicate with cross-functional teams to ensure our products maintain and deepen product-market fit with our users. Collaborate with the product and development team to determine scope of new features, figure out priorities, and ensure we ship great software.
- Be the voice of design in developing product plans. Work closely with product and engineering to facilitate design discussions. Partner with product management and engineering to deliver user-friendly designs. Effectively negotiate your design solutions with Product and Engineering, and validate through user research.
- Document and provide clear handover materials to the following teams: design, product, engineering / developers, external contractors, etc.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- B.E/B.Tech or M.S in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 6+ years of experience working in product design.
- Fluent in the following programs : Sketch, Illustrator, and Photoshop (Abstract, Zeplin, and/or InVision is a plus).
- Has strong visual and UI design skills for mobile apps and understanding of visual hierarchy, layout and information architecture.
- Know how to balance that pixel-perfection with timely delivery of designs.
- Some working knowledge and experience gathering and interpreting research.
- A good understanding of how to design within constraints.
- Able to manage multiple objectives within a large project.
- Able to identify and refine problems to solve, and work closely with the in-house designer to solve problems.
- Able to clearly share and articulate your design decisions, seek feedback, and seek clarification of the ambiguous.
- Able to design for mobile (iOS and Android)
- Able to collaborate closely with the product manager in exploring and executing different design interventions.
- Able to contribute and communicate high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
- Able to create holistic user experience and have a strong understanding of objectives.