HR at Pioneer Financial & Management Services Ltd.
Views:254 Applications:6 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Z/OS Lead System Programmer - Operating Systems (8-13 yrs)
Job Description :
- Team Player with good interpersonal skills
- Good Communication skills
- Z/OS Systems Programmer Senior is a senior level member of a z/OS operating system and operating system components team that supports a multiple z/OS environment, including a mix of stand- alone LPARs and parallel sysplex LPARs, in a large and diverse high availability environment.
The position will include:
- Installation, maintenance, and problem resolution for z/OS operating system software using SMP/e
- Installation, maintenance, and problem resolution for OEM or operating system support products using SMP/e. Vendor list includes products from CA, BMC, ASG, McKinney, and several others
- HCD gens
- Coding and problem resolution for installation exits
- Interaction with many different groups, including application support, hardware support, operations support, and various levels of management
- Should be able to explain technical information to non- technical personnel
- Provide 24x7x365 on- call support on a rotating basis and perform other on- call duties as required.
- Able to work system maintenance/implementation windows which are generally 1 AM to 5 AM Central Time on Sunday mornings, but can be anytime during the weekend
- Work with various groups in evaluating and recommending hardware and software products
- Work remotely during normal US business hours (roughly around 8 AM to 5 PM Central time) and possibly travel to work with similar groups and provide service in other company data centers or clients of company
- Evaluate, estimate, and provide recommendations for new clients
- Maintain and provide documentation
- Prepare for disaster recovery and participate in recovery tests and actual disaster recovery, if declared
- Assigned to highly visible, sensitive and critical systems.
- Gathering documentation for research and problem resolution of z/OS connectivity issues that may involve capturing and analyzing traces, dumps, and logs
- Highly- skilled with extensive proficiency and provides second (2nd/3rd) level support for production issues
- Performs work as a project team member for technical or operational projects.
- Identifies and defines business requirements for major projects, new systems/applications, policy changes or related projects.
- Performs troubleshooting and diagnoses of system/application problems.
- Communicates with internal teams and/or clients regarding problem solving, testing, and related activities.
- Works independently with only administrative supervision on highly complex projects with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
- Develops, documents and implements standards, guidelines, direction and education on process/procedures for staff.