Xoriant - Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ (5-10 yrs)
Senior Software Engineer - (1800003323)
Role: Development Team at Xoriant empowers the future with latest technology, working across Service Delivery Life Cycle.
Project Description: The requirement is with a client who is a world leader in Storage products and Data driven solutions. Xoriant engineering team is working with them to build an enterprise product in the Data Protection domain.
The present requirement is to include support for a leading Hypervisors for Backup and Recovery. The Xoriant team is responsible for end to end implementation and has the complete ownership of the Feature Development, Testing and Delivery. You would get to work on core modules of an enterprise backup product and learn on multiple aspects of windows management infrastructure APIs, VSS, snapshot, replication, etc
Responsibilities/ Challenges :
- You will be responsible for product function/ feature designing/ architecture, planning, implementation and unit test
- You will be owning and driving product functionality as SME and represent it in global product team
- You will be also expected to design and implement complex development use cases and scenarios
- Technically owning end-to-end product delivery by supporting all functionality, features, defects, change management as per project timelines and needs
- You should have experience in the key matrix and performance areas given below:
What we offer in this role:
- Best market exposure, internal visibility for growth
- Work on robust, secure and architectural environment
- Opportunity to work in a technical environment
- Flawless blend of volume, niche to enrich your entire experience and add start to your career
- Young fast-growing team
Key Skills :
Mandatory Skills :
- Minimum 5+ years in programming in C/C++: Thorough knowledge of Standard Libraries, STL Containers and Algorithms
- Proven OS internals including multi-threading, RPC and Socket Programming
- The software is a cross platform application, so experience of Windows/ Linux/ AIX/ Solaris would be desirable
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Methodology (Waterfall or Agile)
- Knowledge of Boost and Qt
- Knowledge of Storage/ Data Protection/ Cloud Domain
Other Mandatory Aspects -
- Early/ immediate joiners are welcome
- Knowledge of WMI - Windows Management Instrumentation APIs
- Storage background in one or more of SAN, Block level protocols (NFS, FUSE, SCSI, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)), Replication, Data Deduplication, Storage Virtualization
- Good Knowledge of Linux commands, shell, Perl, python scripting
- Desirable GUI development knowledge
- Proven expertise in debugging tools such as Crash, gdb, log analys, windbg
Personal Skills -
- Ability to plan development activities meticulously, identifying dependencies and proactively work towards resolution
- Good communication skills to crisply and accurately report program status.
- Self-starter, self-motivated.
- Capable of taking responsibility for tasks and ensuring a successful outcome.
- Able to contribute to the work of a team while being motivated to work day to day on individual tasks.
- Independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives
- Independently determines methods and procedures on new or special assignments
Know Us :
Xoriant is a Silicon Valley based product engineering, software development and technology services firm with offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia. At Xoriant, we have always strived to give our employees the best work culture, work-life balance, opportunities, compensation & benefits and recognition. The result, an average tenure of a Xorianter is five years, significantly longer than most firms. This number reflects our dedication towards our employees.
Some of the Xoriant advantages for all employees are :
- Innovate: Take the freedom to experiment, learn and grow with like-minded people
- Recognition: Xorianters perform well and get recognized from time to time
- Grow: We grow when our employees grow, so we give them lots of opportunities to learn and grow
- Fun at work: Work doesn- t always have to be serious, we regularly have activities to keep our employee fun filled with high-energy
- Benefits: Benefits and compensation includes health insurance for employees, retirement plans and competitive compensation
Xoriant is voted the - Best Places to Work- by the IT-BPM Council in 2015 & 2016 and is proud to be known as one of the few CMMI level companies who focuses on new technologies.
Something interesting, please do visit :
Please visit our employee driven technology blog: http://www.xoriant.com/blog/
Qualifications : B.E. or equivalent
Primary Location: Pune
Employee Status: Permanent
Shift: Day Job
Primary Skills: C,C++
Secondary Skills: Storage
Job Status: Y