HR Staffing at Xilinx
Views:686 Applications:108 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Xilinx - Linux Administrator - Configuration Management Tools (7-15 yrs)
Position Responsibilities :
- The Staff System Administrator will be responsible for providing highly complex technical support to the Engineering organizations at Xilinx.
- This position will be required to act as a point contact for local and regional engineering customers for ENG IT support & partner with global ENG IT teams to ensure timely support to regional customers.
- This position will be required to support and improve complex Linux and high-performance compute in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Furthermore, this person will be responsible for collaborating globally on efforts for various IT activities related to the Xilinx Engineering system environment, in accordance with Xilinx World Wide IT strategies and objectives.
- Participate and/or lead in architecture decisions globally
- Act as a DevOps/Automation engineer for Eng IT
Detailed Job description/Preferred experience :
- Provide technical leadership for small, medium and large-scale, enterprise-wide projects.
- Provide Linux (RHEL, CentOS & Ubuntu,) troubleshooting and technical support to the Engineering organization.
- Provide Linux application support. Work closely with Engineering on continual application, process, and workflow improvement.
- Contribute to generating roadmaps for leveraging current and future technologies to provide innovative and sustainable solutions to complex problems.
- Assist in the day-to-day maintenance of the Engineering infrastructure, including Linux system builds, configuration & security management, patching, automation, and system upgrades.
- Contribute in various automation tasks in the Eng IT environment using Python, Shell/Perl scripting or using automation tools.
- Review and assist in support case management related to Engineering infrastructure; participate in on-call rotation schedule
- Maintain and monitor production systems to ensure optimal performance and uptime, keep inventory and h/w, s/w lifecycle updated.
- Assist in troubleshooting complex and highly complex technical issues.
- Produce and analyze metrics for servers, storages to ensure uptime, potential performance enhancements & optimal utilization of resources
Experience Requirement :
- 8+ Years of strong experience in the support of Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu CentOS, SUSE), Kickstart and PXE environments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of training users, mentoring other system administrators in complex topics and interacting positively with management at all levels.
- Independent problem-solving and troubleshooting in complex global Linux environments.
- Comfortable with all advanced aspects of Linux operating system administration. For example, system installation and configuration, high-performance computing, security, installing third-party software in very large environments.
- Has a solid understanding of Linux-based operating systems; understands virtual memory management and kernel memory accounting, daemons, devices and what device drivers do, file system concepts (inode, clustering, LVM). Understands the Linux boot and configuration process. Understands the difference between the kernel and the user environment.
- Experience in configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, or others) desirable
- Experience with Monitoring tools. i.e. Splunk, CA UIM or equivalent an added advantage
- Experience in Linux repository maintenance, and rpm/deb package creation/manipulation, kernel compilations and fine tunings.
- Experience supporting and using source code control tools, e.g. GIT, Perforce, CVS/RCS.
- Experience in administering and managing Virtual environment using VMWare, Redhat or any other Virtualization stack.
- Understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts. Understands and can configure NFS, DNS and LDAP and can troubleshoot complex issues in a very large, mixed Linux environment.
- Understanding of public/private cloud technologies (AWS, OpenStack or others).
- Exposure to HPC clusters such as LSF, Sun Grid Engine, Electric accelerators, Jenkins is nice to have.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science/Electronics is preferred