Talent Acquisition at Wipro Limited
Views:172 Applications:14 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Wipro - Senior WebSphere Administrator (7-11 yrs)
As a Senior WebSphere Administrator, you'll be responsible for managing and administering critical middleware infrastructure that supports key business functionality. The successful candidate is an accomplished technical lead and hands-on engineer with a record of effectively managing multiple large-scale distributed WebSphere environments. You should have the aptitude and enthusiasm for building and servicing highly distributed, scalable and mission-critical systems.
Position Responsibilities :
- Gain a solid understanding of the business process, workflows and data.
- Assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents.
- Implement appropriate monitoring, alerting and measurements to ensure the health of our environment.
- Develop and document disaster-recovery plans and participate in testing to ensure the environment is recoverable within pre-determined SLAs.
- Provide off-hours support for production applications.
- Monitor the JVM performance by analyzing heap, connection pools, and garbage collection patterns.
- Maintain a strong understanding of clustering and HA design.
- Maintain good comprehension of message driven beans (MDB), EJB and web services.
- Develop a deep understanding of applications and integration and bring issues to resolution.
- Monitor application performance and improve response times.
- Configure applications for best performance.
- Plan for and apply application software patches.
- Become subject-matter expert (SME) on the software packages you are assigned to support.
Minimum Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree.
- 8 plus years experience supporting middleware and packaged applications.
- 5 years hands-on experience administering WebSphere Application Server ND with expertise in installation, support, analysis of logs and performance tuning.
- Excellent knowledge of supporting software on Red Hat Linux or AIX
- Strong understanding of networking and security concepts.
- Deep understanding of JDBC and JMS connection management within WebSphere.
- Understanding of network standards, such as DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QoS and ICMP.
- Understanding of networking concepts, such as load balancing and routing. Ability to carry out basic network troubleshooting in a server runtime.
- Comfortable with scripting languages to automate tasks, including Bash, Perl and Python.
- Experience with provisioning tools, such as Ansible, a plus.
- Experience using a code deployment tool, like UrbanCode, a plus.
- Experience with IBM BPM, a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to collaborate effectively and excel in a team environment.