Head Of Operations at Wind Pioneers
Views:86 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Wind Pioneers - Software Engineer - Python/C++ (1-2 yrs)
About Us :
- Wind Pioneers is a 3-year old UK-India start-up based in Bangalore. We are a team of engineers and GIS specialists who work with project developers to help find and design large-scale wind farms. In the last three years, we have worked in 15 countries, completely mapped 8 countries for new wind farms and have worked on over 100 individual proposed wind farm sites.
- We are a small, friendly team with big ambitions to be the best at what we do, and to contribute to the global adoption of renewable energy. We are founder-owned and committed to achieving our long-term aims by investing in our team.
Why Wind Pioneers?
- From Angola to Cambodia, Wind Pioneers work to help to identify the best new project locations, to undertake feasibility studies and to optimise site designs.
- As a company, we undertake site design and development work at individual wind farm sites. This includes analysing wind measurements, undertaking wind resource assessments and performing engineering design tasks such as constraint mapping, layout optimization, energy yield assessments, etc.
- Wind Pioneers uses a combination of industry-standard software tools and along with its own suite of tools to provide the most sophisticated approaches to wind farm development. We have grown quickly, and lead the way in many aspects of site development, but we're always looking to grow and develop further.
So if you are looking to be a part of a young, global, dynamic team, then come help us save the planet!
Job Description :
- We are currently looking for a top-class Software Engineer to join the team.
- The role will involve undertaking a range of software development tasks related to the development of our suite of in-house wind farm design tools.
- Structured, clear coding style
- Strong competency in Python
- Experience in C++ preferable
- Strong analytical background
Desired Candidate Profile :
- Top-level Bachelor's / Master's degree
- Highly competent user of Microsoft Office tools, in particular, Excel
- Fluent English including high-quality written English
- Strong technical skills with the ability and willingness to undertake a range of non- technical tasks where required
- Independent worker and natural initiative-taker.
- Desire to work in a small, exciting, high-growth, international start-up environment
- Can do, flexible and pro-active attitude to work
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for wind energy
- 1-2 years experience with python coding preferred, though not essential for outstanding candidates
Wind Pioneers are committed to building a diverse team and as such female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.