Founder at Wifi Dabba, Inc
Views:4706 Applications:196 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:147
Wifi Dabba - Network Engineer - OpenWRT (1-10 yrs)
You're going to help build an insanely,hybridly,monster,crazy network that nobodys built before.
- You're to choose wireless hardware, possibly design your own.
- You're going to write software for this hardware, or at least be able to talk to the software team if you'd rather focus on hardware.
- You'll probably get a chance to go to China in the next few months.
- You need to have implemented openWRT somewhere, even if only at home.
- You need to be comfortable in the field. You don't get to only sit in an airconditioned office. We build real things for the real world.
- You need to be able to talk about how a router is made onwards.
- You need some understanding the physics of wifi.
- I guess what I'm saying is you probably need an engineering degree. But that's totally optional.
- If you can actually build electrical hardware, that's a big plus.
- If you can build electric toys, we will love you.
- Please have some personal project to show, you should have built at least one thing outside of work. It does not matter whether you think its crappy, it's cool. Just show it to us.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.