AM - HR at HumanTree India
Views:434 Applications:58 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Web Designer - Photoshop/Illustrator (5-8 yrs)
We are looking for a Web designer for a leading television brand located in Mumbai.
Experience : 5-8 Yrs
Position title : Web Designer
Designation : Assistant Manager - Digital Technology
Reporting to Associate Vice President - Digital Technology
Location : Mumbai
Position Specification :
- Education Bachelor's degree in computer science, graphic arts or Web design.
- Optional - certification through software companies and professional organizations
- Overall experience 5-8 years
- Essential experience Experience as a computer programmer or graphic designer
- Desirable experience A working knowledge of markup languages such as HTML and CSS.
Other job requirements :
Key Responsibilities :
- The successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts. They will be able to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
- The job duties would cover all aspects of creating a website. Upon meeting with internal customers and assessing their needs, the role-holder would help create and maintain the product.
- Work with the customers to understand what is needed to make a website functional and easy to use, but at the same time make it aesthetically appealing to the user.
- Conceptualizing original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks. Ensure the best User experience w.r.t. layout, clear instructions and labeling on a website.
- Creatively design templates for the website(s) adhering to the overall business requirement. Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conceptualize, design and plan the entire UI/UX of Channel Corporate/ other website(s) as per Channel brand identity -Go Beyond.
- Work on requirements for Channels/ Properties / Shows- Websites/Microsites/Contest sites etc.
- Coordinate with teammates, internal Clients and Vendors to achieve a good-looking and user-friendly website which can be delivered as per timelines ensuring no compromise on the overall quality.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows & site maps to convey interaction & design ideas
- Develop strong working relations with the channel customer groups and deliver great UI/ UX solutions. Ensure Customer Satisfaction scores are at the highest level.
- Responsible for the visual aspect, which includes the layout, coloring and typography of a web page; and the styling and layout of pages with content, including text and images. Establish and promote Channel design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Manage vendors effectively: Smooth Coordination, Timely Delivery of Projects, Transparent Project Requirements, Quick Feedback/Response, Rigorous Testing so as to ensure minimum UI/UX deviations.
- Get the HTML done by identified vendors, ensuring minimum design lags and discrepancies. Utilize own HTML expertise to debug the code received from vendors and ensure that they have followed all required HTML/CSS Coding Standards so as to avoid any complications in the project.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- UX (user experience)
Behavioral/ Personal :
- Both creatively and technically inclined, and uses both these attributes to build or redesign websites
- The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design. They should also have superior user interface design skills.
- Bright, quick, articulate, excellent presentation and interpersonal skills and able to adapt to different internal and external constituencies.
- Strong aptitude and problem-solving ability. Self-starter with passion to create world class products
- Viewed as a team player who also possesses the independence of thought and opinion to provide candor and honest feedback when making key business decisions
- Passionate about business results, with a strong sense of accountability, metrics and ownership. Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Strong executor who is proactive and anticipates evolving business needs.