Talent Acquisition at Wavemaker - (A Pramati Technologies Firm)
Views:482 Applications:81 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:52
Wavemaker - Technical Manager - Java/J2EE (9-13 yrs)
We are scouting for Technical Manager who can guide a team of senior leads and developers to build complex software components/products with strong technical leadership, project & delivery management and people management skills.
- An ideal candidate is a hands-on solutions architect with proven ability to lead teams, architecture, client interfacing- especially as a single point of contact for senior technical and business leaders from clients.
Skills : Strong Java, JEE, Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate), and skills on other technologies/platforms and design skills.
Technical Manager's responsibilities are to lead/facilitate processes/best techniques, communicate with stakeholders, escalate road blocks and assists the team in delivering iterative releases to the client. Champions continuous improvements as processes evolve.
Technical Management :
- Partners with Solution Architect, during Architecture & Design sessions
- Must be hands on when needed.
- Removes blocker's and always find path forward
- Conduct Interviews / hire / mentor technical resources.
- Providing insight to Sr. Management and Leadership
- Building Partnership with clients (external stakeholders), internal stakeholders
- Identifying delay's / waste
- Coach Leads / Team in mindset serving client, as well as technically
- Work with Product team to ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Help drive UX cycle,
- Provide freedom, so individuals and teams are free to innovate, experiment
Delivery Management :
- Accountable for managing complex cross functional work.
- Tracking and Managing Milestones (client's releases)
- Leading Architecture Runway (with Architect / Leads)
- Backlog Management with Product Owner
- Building Story Mapping with PO
- Creating Feature pipeline for each Quarter
- Defining Iterations
Based on the Business / Project context choosing an appropriate Disciplined Agile Delivery technique (Sprints/Iterations/Kanban etc.)
Determining the length of the Iteration (1-2-week sprints)
Coming up with working agreements with the team
- Protecting teams from distractions / unrelated work
- Drive Relentless improvements thru Inspect and Adapt- techniques
- Listen and Support in problem identification and decision-making.
- Work with PMO, to establish and monitor budgets
- Continuously assist in alignment of team members to the Vision
- Support Organization, WM Culture, and strategy implementing Release On Demand .
Iteration Events :
- Iteration Planning
- Backlog Refinement
- Creating stories meeting Definition of Ready- state
- Decomposing features into Stories
- Facilitation of Retrospection with the team on coming up with What team can improve on
- Inspect and Adapt existing techniques/practices
- Removing waste
- Iteration Demo
- Facilitation of Demo to PO/BA, where the team does show & tell on completed stories.
Client Management :
- Defining Communication Plan- with Client
- Manage and Optimize business value
- Operates successfully in complex adaptive environment
- Setting expectations and managing them with client by setting periodical Synch up sessions
- Defining the Escalation Process, tracking and resolving Impediments
- Milestones (Internal Release/UAT/Production Release)