Walmart - Tableau Administrator - Visualization Tools (6-14 yrs)
Your Responsibility :
- Perform installation, configuration, migration and upgrade of Tableau Servers and Desktops on Linux and Windows.
- Contribute in ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of systems and tools across Analytics and Visualization technologies.
- Own production incidents/issues and provide level 2 response to infrastructure incidents and alerts
- Packaging and deploying application updates and patches.
- Perform on-call support for all projects in team.
- Be a gate keeper to ensure sanity of production systems
- Write and maintain infrastructure documentation
- Work with distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner
- Identify right open source tools to improve infrastructure by performing research, POC/Pilot and/or interacting with various open source forums
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
Our Ideal Candidate :
You have a deep interest and passion for production systems, one who loves to debug issues, learn new technologies and write quick utilities to manage and maintain platform. You have strong problem solving, analytical skills, decision-making and communication skills. You are self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities. Also to ensure highest degree of support for this critical platform, you must be willing to be part of a team that supports 24x7 on rotation basis.
Your Qualifications :
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or related streams
- Should have a minimum of 6 to 9 years of experience in Tableau Administration
- Subject Matter Expert in Tableau and other visualization tools like Alteryx, Looker, Power BI, ThoughtSpot etc.
- Solid experience in analysing and trouble shooting performance issues and implement/recommend dashboard/visualization optimizations for best performance
- Strong data retrieval skills with multiple database platforms, analytics and query engines - Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Hive, Spark, Druid, Presto etc.
- Develop and implement plan for business continuity, including monitoring system utilization/performance for capacity planning purposes
- Configure security options like SSL, SSO, AD, SAML, Proxy etc. on Tableau Server
- Tableau Administration Tool experience for configuration, adding users, managing licenses and data connections, scheduling tasks, embedding views.
- Ability to automate any repeatable tasks on Linux and windows and experience in developing automation using Tableau APIs
- Experience in providing enablement activities, e.g., Tableau training for end-users.
- A self-motivated learner and builder with strong customer focus and obsession with quality.