Visual UI Designer - Photoshop/Illustrator (2-6 yrs)
Primary job responsibilities :
- Design our web & mobile app user experience.
- Create a consistent and cohesive look across devices and platforms.
- Deliver & own a consolidated style guide for the web and app experiences, including recommendations for creative assets & copy.
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Create visual elements & layouts from wireframes & mock-ups.
- Create prototypes to effectively communicate & test design approach & options.
- Complete visual design and style guides with great attention to detail.
- Work with UI developers to implement pixel perfect strategies that ensure technical success.
- Build style guides, pixel perfect specifications and validate with UI acceptance testing.
Required skills :
- 2-5 years of Visual / UI design experience delivering outstanding consumer mobile & web applications.
- A proven track record of designing complex yet pragmatic & intuitive interactions and translate into beautiful UI.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a mastery and application of fundamental design skills around grid, typography, colour & mood, iconography & illustrations, hierarchy.
- Familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Ability to work in a cross team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and great attitude, enjoy engaging with multiple stakeholders to understand and solve challenges.
- Must be able to work independently and enjoy working at a fast paced start-up environment.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload
Preferred Qualifications :
- Mobile app design experience.
- eCommerce/retail design experience.
- Consumer web / app design experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in visual design, human computer interaction, human factors, computer science, or closely related area from a reputed design institution.
Tools - Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator,Sketch)