Consultant at Careernet Technologies Pvt Ltd
Views:124 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Virtualization Engineering Manager - Java (12-16 yrs)
Job Role : Virtualization Engineering Manager
Location : NCR; Noida Engineering; Development Engineering FTE
About Delphix :
- Delphix is fundamentally changing the dynamics of how companies manage and consume data. Fortune 500 companies depend on the Delphix Data Platform to boost performance for application acceleration, achieve faster migration to the cloud and increase the security of their most sensitive data.
- With offices around the world, Delphix is comprised of some of the brightest minds in tech, each of whom believe in the power of data to help accelerate the pace of innovation and better the way we live.
The Role :
- We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented engineering manager to join our growing team.
- In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of our product development organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions.
- You will be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes and timelines, making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion.
- Serve as the engineering manager and work closely with the teams to resolve technical impediments, providing technical leadership and expertise
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering team members
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by
- Propose and oversee timelines for engineering projects
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff
- Monitor and determine staffing and training needs
- Hire, train and supervise engineering staff members
- Spearhead research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new and improved processes
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, product managers, customer support and other stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally
- Lead teams of 8 to 12 developers and QA team members
- 12+ years of experience building complex enterprise software
- Prior experience building high-performing technical teams.
- Proven ability in recruiting, growing a strong technical team, and providing technical mentoring and leadership.
- A sense of ownership and accountability in managing the team's deliverables
- Experience working with QA to create test plans
- Experience analyzing, debugging and diagnosing complex software systems, considering complexities like Performance, Scale, Interaction with Operating Systems, Multi-threaded interactions, etc.
- Strong coding and architecture background
- Hands-on experience with industry best practices
- Java experience along with knowledge of common Java frameworks is strongly desired
- Ability to handle critical situations involving high-priority customer issues, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to engage effectively with internal/external stakeholders to meet business objectives.
- Prior experience working with teams in the US or other countries.
- Minimum undergraduate college/university degree in computer science
- An obsession for providing a good experience to customers
- Good understanding of and prior experience with the Agile Scrum process
Great, but not required :
- Prior experience leading self-sufficient teams, including developers, QA team members, etc.
- Prior experience working with product management to prioritize projects/ initiatives and define roadmaps
- Prior experience working with product management, customers and engineering teams to define, size and scope projects and initiatives
- Excellent understanding of database operations, database architecture and database administration experience
- Prior experience working with ASE or SQL Server databases
- Excellent understanding of file systems and operating systems
We are strongest when we bring together a diverse set of perspectives and experiences and strive to empower each voice to be heard and respected. Delphix is committed to hiring and supporting all teams regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, veteran status, or similar personal characteristics. Our focus on inclusion and diversity benefits our employees and positions Delphix to succeed as a global company.