Video Codec Engineer - C Programming (3-10 yrs)
Role : We are looking for a senior role Linux and firmware software support engineer. You will primarily be involved with supporting our video decode drivers.
- Video decoding is an important component of every smartphone, and many other devices. We are working on software drivers for video hardware decoders. These are dedicated components, which are much more efficient than a general purpose CPU or GPU.
- As part of the Vision software team you will need to understand the architecture of the hardware, software and firmware. You will also work with the customer engineering teams to understand and support the customers' needs and assist them with our software.
- There are a number of different software components, most of which are mature and in the field. You will need to gain familiarity with several of these components, and become an expert in some of them.
- Our teams work closely with each other in an informal atmosphere. We are generally very open to suggestions for improvement. You will be taking complete technical ownership of the component and will be involved in bringing new hardware to life, and helping our customers turn it into silicon.
Required Skills :
- Excellent C programmer.
- Experience writing Linux applications and drivers.
- Experience with the full development lifecycle.
- Basic understanding of at least 1 video codec standard (H.264,HEVC etc)
Desired Skills :
- Experience with low level firmware, and programming at the bare metal.
- Understanding of computer architecture concepts (CPU, Cache, MMU, Memory, etc.).
- Experience working with a large code base.
- Some of our software is in the Linux kernel, so driver experience would be helpful.
- The candidate will have a degree in a computing, engineering.
- The candidate will have a number of years of software development experience and/or embedded driver support.