Manager- IT Recruitments at Skillventory
Views:60 Applications:11 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Vice President - Java/Informatica/COBOL (8-14 yrs)
Operations Technology (OT) comprises of functionally aligned development teams who support critical firm functions such as Legal, Compliance and Operations. OT develops strategic solutions that support key business processes, including Settlements, Confirmations, Regulatory Reporting, Position Keeping, Anti-Money Laundering and Trade Surveillance.
Primary Responsibilities :
- The candidate will be leading of a team of senior developers(FTEs and Consultants) and be required to mentor/coach them and also providing them technical/functional guidance on a regular basis.
- The candidate should expect to work in a global team along with NY team members; travel and short term stay at NY should be anticipated.
- The candidate will be responsible for more than one project at a time and should take ownership for end-to-end delivery of projects as well as maintenance and enhancement items through his/her team.
- Also, there are various initiatives well underway to renovate/modernize a lot of legacy processing on newer technologies.
- Hence the candidate must not only have good experience/exposure in distributed tech stack like .Net/Java/Unix/ETL tools/Web applications, etc, but also should be keen to learn any other newer language/technology that may be adopted.
Required Skills :
- The applicant should have at least 8+ years of experiences in performing design, technical analysis and construction of quality COBOL, JCL, CICS, VSAM/DB2, Stored Procedures, Sequential File Solutions.
- The applicant should have prior experience/exposure to Distributed Tech stack(like Java, .Net, Unix, ETL tools like Informatica).
- The applicant should have at least 5+ years of application development experience, preferably in Financial Services or Wealth Management.
- The applicant should have previous experience managing a technology team
- The applicant should have experience in a structured SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) process; Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Production implementation.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and business requirements translation.
- Candidate should also have an entrepreneurial spirit and be adaptable to new situations and challenges
- Leadership of technical project teams from both a project delivery and team development perspective
- Self-motivated, works quickly with a team mindset and remains calm under pressure
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication