Lead Specialist at Randstad
Views:267 Applications:67 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Vice President - Kernel/OLTP/OLAP (16-20 yrs)
We don't expect you to wear a suit, we don't expect you to not be able to tell your friends what you are working on, we don't expect you to sit in meetings 5 hours a day.
This Team :
This role is for the Database As a Service team that is in charge of building serverless elastic database that scales to petabytes of data. Our offering to the internal teams:
- We provide database as a service across public and private clouds
- We provide self service UI for our user where they spin up elastic database environment in seconds
- We are reinventing the databases to be cloud-native and elastic.
- We are challenging the traditional database and MPP designs
- We deliver exceptional query performance while adhering to ANSI SQL compliance
- We integrate with other open source tools such as Apache Spark
- We will contribute code to open source
- We are a geographically distributed team that is agile and has many remote engineers
This Role :
Information Classification: Limited Access
We are looking for strong senior engineers with experience in database internals, query optimizers, database storage, open source databases, and cloud.
Who You Are :
- Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment that challenges the status quo
- Exhibit leadership values such as Accountability, Bias-to-action, Collaboration
- Passionate about reinventing databases
- Have relevant experience
- Have a strong interest in learning and innovating
- Interact with peers across teams to ensure best practices are followed
- Be a contributor to open source projects
- As we are hiring very rapidly for the right candidates, if you have experience or interest in any of the technologies we work with, we'd love to hear from you!
Successful candidates will :
- A degree in computer science or equivalent experience acquired on the job.
- Good working knowledge of modern distributed systems and infrastructure engineering
- Good English language skills and ability to do detailed technical diagrams
- Strong background of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Deep understanding of OLTP and OLAP database kernel/internals is a must
- Contributed to open source database implementations such as Maria DB, PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of open source eco-system in terms of community interactions, pull reviews etc
- Language proficiency in C/C++ on Linux/Unix platform is a must
- Working knowledge of Ansible, Puppet or Chef is a plus
- Knowledge of ANSI SQL, HA, Multi Master, Data Warehouse, Scripting, Business Intelligence is a plus
- Knowledge of AWS/Azure/Google Cloud, S3, Kubernetes is a plus
- Appreciate the value diversity (in all its forms) brings to our team and company
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef is a definite plus
- Experience working in a financial services environment is not required or expected.
- Help us revolutionize the databases!