Careers at Optum, a UnitedHealth Group Company
Views:4329 Applications:33 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
UnitedHealth Group - Senior IT Operating System Analyst - Linux/VMWare (3-10 yrs)
Discipline - Information Technology
Industry - IT Operating Systems
Job Description - Key Job Responsibilities:
Primary contribution involves being responsible for IT Infrastructure comprising of high end technology, wherein the accountability will include 24x7 running of Unix/Linux/Windows- servers, consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.
- The domain accountability includes Linux & AIX Server Administration.
- Familiar with ticketing tools in order to track down incidents and break fix request
- Familiar with client/server troubleshooting related to different type of servers [SendMail, FTP, SSH, Network- etc. ]
- Automation and optimization of existing and prospective IT environment through scripting [Shell / Perl]
- Troubleshooting on virtual servers [ knowledge of vSphere /Virtual Center preferred & Automation, powershell Scripting]
- User Administration and Account Management [LDAP and NIS]
- Monitoring daily backup and related issues [TSM would be preferred]
- Experience of- working on NFS servers
- Good knowledge about SAN concepts, setting up, multi-pathing (device mapper) & troubleshooting SAN issues from the Linux OS side.
- Knowledge of Linux security & compliance is required.
- Periodic Quality Assurance/Server Hardening exercises for newly built servers.
- Able to troubleshoot servers through console [ Knowledge of ILO/RAS/DRAC/HMC preferred]
- Skills on configuration of network and related services at operating system level like NFS,NIC Bonding, Sendmail, SSH and other TCP/IP services
- Involvement in periodic activities as Rapid Recovery [RR],Hardware & Firmware upgrade, OS Patching, etc
- Good knowledge about UNIX system files, boot process and run levels
- Participate in On-Call and NOC duties on periodic basis.
- Well versed with ITIL concepts such as Incident, Change and Problem Management.
No. of Openings - 1
Technical Skills :
RHEL 6, 7 administration, Vmware Administration, Basic Windows Administration. Scripting knowledge is added advantage.
Soft Skills :
- Good troubleshooting experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Should be flexible for working in shifts.
- Communicating with onshore and requesters.
- Working in a process oriented environments.
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed and serves as a resource to others
- People Skills (where ever application):
- Leading highly critical process driven teams
- Skilled in keeping teams focused on continuous improvement and continuous delivery.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.