Director at Nastech Consulting
Views:155 Applications:2 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
UI/Frontend Engineer - React.js/Backbone.js (4-9 yrs)
1. Please source candidates ONLY from, E-commerce or Online or Product Development companies.
2. This an Individual Contributor role.
3. Academics - Masters to be a full time course. In case of Bachelors, then the candidate needs to be from reputed institutes only (IIT, NIT, Bits Pilani, etc.)
4. Pune Event Specifics - 29th June, Saturday, 2019
- Developing interactive, user-friendly web/mobile applications using the latest frameworks both open source and proprietary;
- Tooling to facilitate data analysis and visualization;
- Creating re-usable UI components;
- Setting up and performing A/B Tests;
- Unit tests, Integration tests, Performance tests and tuning to enable high performance / low latency experiences;
- Great inline documentation in code, code reviews to improve coding standards / performance.
You will also have a lot of fun innovating on Products & Technology, including :
- Work alongside a team of Product Engineers in delivering products;
- Have fun experimenting with emerging technology, participating in hackathons etc;
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities :
- Be very strong in algorithms, data structures, problem solving, building to scale by leveraging cloud computing
- Handle ambiguity and able to move forward with imperfect information and get things done in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are challenged;
- Takes pride in producing clean, re-usable code and takes full ownership of the quality of code;
- Should possess good product instinct and excellent project management skills to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution;
- Should know how to align resources to achieve desired results
Knowledge and Skills Requirements :
- Expert in front end / UI technologies including frameworks such as React/Angular/Backbone/Bootstrap/Node.
- Proficiency in Mobile/Responsive UIs.
- Experience in build/CI/CD tools: Ant/Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, GIT.
- Fluent in a scripting languages (Python, Groovy) and Operating Systems (- nix, MacOS). Exposure to Orchestration (Apache Camel), Caching, ESB.
- Good knowledge of web services (microservices etc) and service-oriented principles. Great understanding of RESTful architecture.
- Experience in data modelling and database technologies (both SQL - preferably Oracle - and No SQL).
- Experience in Data Visualization/Analysis Tools (Splunk, Tableau, NewRelic, Logstash/Kibana).
- Experience in web application development with large/internet scale consumption (distributed, scalable and high volume systems)
- Familiar with DevOps, Agile/Scrum.
- Experience in use of cloud computing, OpenStack and infrastructure resilience and elasticity (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Rackspace etc)
- Keen understanding of Application, Infrastructure and resilience.
- Experience with software and product development lifecycle (incl. coding, coding standards and reviews, source control, testing, debugging, build, deployment and operations)
Supervision Responsibilities :
- i.e., the frequency of supervisory contact, degree to which the individual acts independently and on what kinds of issues. i.e., assigning work, reviewing performance, direct or indirect responsibility.
Other Requirements :
- Regular international and domestic travel. Reasonable extension of the working day should be expected commensurate with the needs to fulfil the obligations of the role.
Job Requirements :
Education : Required
- B.E./B.Tech in Computer Science or related field from a top tier engineering college (such as IIT, IIIT, BITS, NIT, MIT, Stanford etc).
Preferred - Masters / PhD in Computer Science from a premier university (such as IIT, IIIT, BITS, NIT, MIT, Stanford etc).
- Preferably 4+ /(With a minimum of 2) years of product engineering experience in renowned product organizations.
- Have deployed code to production that takes very significant traffic volumes. Have dealt with automation / engineering issues
You are Glocal, ie. :
- Can coordinate / collaborate with teams & stakeholders in multiple geographies
- Manage teams with participants in multiple geographies.
-Can quickly form strong working relationships with colleagues within and outside your location.