Senior Specialist-Talent Acquisition at Travel Triangle
Views:105 Applications:40 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Travel Triangle - Senior Business Analyst - Python/R/ETL (3-5 yrs)
Job Description :
Do you have an aptitude for quantitative decision making? Are you the right mix of math geek and business whiz to be able to successfully deliver powerful insights to a modern day internet company? Do you feel the urge to quantify and track events and processes in new and innovative ways? If you feel that you fit the bill, read on!
- The role will require you to learn fast and deal with a variety of tools which will span the spectrum of the organisation's data handling capabilities.
- In the process, you will get exposure to data warehousing, business intelligence and data-driven decision making. Not just that, but successful execution of your task will also require you to understand the business process in detail and gauge the needs of different functions in the organisation so that you can deliver insights that make sense to them. Hence, while your ability to code effectively is an important prerequisite, your communication skills and all-round personality will be of pivotal importance in this role.
Roles and Responsibilities :
Key Skills -
1. Familiarity with both SQL and Excel is highly sought after. These will have to be on your fingertips for you to effectively carry out this job.
2. The ability to coordinate with multiple business stakeholders is also an important part of the job. You will have to break down their business problems into quantifiable metrics and insights that make sense to them.
3. Ability to query databases and play with it using SQL, R/ Python, BI Tools (Qlik, Tableau etc.)
4. Personalisation, Clustering, K-Means and other user profiling related algorithms
5. Experience with product analytics (GA, Inspectlet, Apsalar etc.) and experiments (vwo)
Key Responsibilities -
- You will take end to end responsibility of a particular segment of the company's business intelligence and analysis requirements. Hence, you will need to understand what needs to be tracked, how to track it, design the right views and then deliver actionable insights.
Your responsibilities will hence hinge around :
1. Data Warehousing :
You will need to develop an understanding of data sources across the company in order to maintain and develop a part of the ETL layer of the organization's data. This will require continuous coordination with the development team and a fair amount of query scripting
2. Development and Monitoring of Business Reporting Framework :
- You will also need to look at data in various creative ways and understand how to use a limited number of views to give a good aggregate summary of a function or process, and will then implement this through various business intelligence tools.
3. Delivering Actionable Insights through Data and Predictions :
- Once you have set up monitoring, you will move beyond this and go through the data to spot deeper correlations and trends.
- As different sections of the business look to identify their future direction or want to gauge the impact of various experiments, you will work closely with the respective teams and understand the various null hypotheses in play, and how we can go about validating them.