TA Specialist at TransUnion
Views:621 Applications:54 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
TransUnion - Senior Hadoop Consultant - Big Data/Java (8-12 yrs)
Dynamics of the Role:
- This is a great opportunity to join a very dynamic Big Data & Analytics infrastructureteam as big data analytics administrator and support Analyst.
- Our company was featured in InformationWeek and rankedin the top 6 most innovative companies. We are looking for a candidate to join our team that is innovative and a problem solver.
- They should be skilled at researching simple to complex problems to support 24/7 platform. Have the ability to learn new technology quickly and help create roadmaps for upgrades, enhancements, and replacements. They will be involved in building tools and solutions to resolve existing problems and business needs.
The Team's Focus :
- The right candidate will work on a team of software and admin specialists focus of our Big Data Analytics environments development and rt customer facing applications.
- The team uses procedures, scripts, and tools to resolve application issues. We also work very closely with our business in resolving their issues, scaling big data systems to the business needs, partner with architecture team in preparing business partners to onboard their data and applications, and communicating information about system health, outages or status of support requests.
- Our team offers the opportunity to continually grow and learn new technologies by work with the development teams during strategic projects. This allows us to keep our skill fresh and support the new technologies. The team will also maintain and create new support tools that can help automate process and provide additional monitoring.
How you'l contribute :
- MapR distribution administration, configuration, and evaluation of emerging technologies in Hadoop space
- Maximize system availability and scalability of big data clusters and associated business intelligence tools.
- Build application platforms such as data lakes, big data warehouses, application databases, and Adhoc environments.
- Develop Bigdata platform, and application layer configuration, deployment framework..
- Work on support activities such as patches, upgrades of MapR clusters, and Tableau servers.
- Work directly with cross domain stakeholders teams in a consulting role while building and supporting analytics environments..
- Create tools and automation monitor and self-heal automation framework.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and recommendbig data solutions.
What You'll Bring :
- Overall 8 - 12 years of Admin/Support experience
- Preferable 3 - 6 years of experience in Hadoop administration and platform level architecture.
- 6 Years of Insights into Linux and security architecture.
- Preferable development experience in Java, Python, and cutting edge tools
- Experience in Hadoop user access and security design.
- Ability to automate through scripting and configuration management in platform technologies.
- Experience in network, operating system concepts.
- Enjoy building tools to support the infrastructure and Cost Optimization.
- Preferable experience or Academic Knowledge of big data technologies on Amazon AWS cloud.
- Inquisitive attitude towards ever emerging Big Data and automation solutions.
- Effective organization capabilities, customer orientation, and pride in quality delivery..
Skills : Linux,Windows,bash,python, chef/puppet/ansible, Hadoop (MapR
Preferred - Cloudera/Hortonworks are also welcome), Yarn, Spark, ServiceNow, Splunk, Streams, Hive, Hue, TLS/SSL, AWS, Devops
What We Offer :
We aim high - and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are :
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We- re on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.