TA Specialist at TransUnion
Views:72 Applications:14 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
TransUnion - MapReduce Database Developer - Java Services (10-13 yrs)
Job description :
What we'll bring :
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you'll bring :
- From the technology standpoint, you would bring your expertise in designing and developing Java services which will interact with MapR streams, and MapR DB.
- You will be bringing in the Best practices that you leveraged in your different experiences.
- You will be productive on day one, and able to understand the requirements, and thereby able to design the applications around MapR.
We'd love to see :
- 10-13 Years of Software Development Experience.
- Strong Experience in Java with 7-8 years of experience.
- Since this is a new platform, and a new tech stack the Candidate must have experience with NoSQL databases, specifically HBase and/or MapR DB.
- Experience in Streaming/Event driven applications, and OJAI (Open JSON Application Interface)
- Experience in HDFS/ MapR FS or other clustered filesystem.
- Plus : Having worked on Ab Initio, Python, Docker Containers and Kubernetes is a plus.
Impact you'll make :
- In the first 30 days :
1) Provide recommendations in terms of design and development
2) Able to work with larger GBP team to develop the application.
- Beyond 30 days : Develop team and drive process improvements
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.