HR Specialist at TransOrg Analytics
Views:747 Applications:62 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
TransOrg Analytics - Hadoop Administrator - Cloudera (2-4 yrs)
Job Summary :
- The Big Data Administrator is responsible for supporting, configuring, upgrading, and maintaining multiple Hadoop clusters (Cloudera) and data integration tool administration (Informatica).
- Contribute to building out additional clusters, adding nodes/capacity to existing clusters, and implementing open source projects.
Principal Duties :
- Responsible for installation, configuration and administration of Cloudera Hadoop platform.
- Help maintain the Hadoop Infrastructure and Operations.
- Work with Infrastructure teams to set up new Hadoop clusters.
- Support Big Data system environments such as Cloudera CDH.
- Set up Kerberos principals and perform testing. Responsible for administering Key trustee server.
- Manage integration with Active Directory and provide support for user and group management.
- Work with data engineer to setup data access security groups. Work with delivery teams for Provisioning of users into Hadoop.
- Automate monitoring and server job processes
- Respond to ad-hoc support requests
- Enable data encryption at rest and at motion with TLS/SSL to meet the security standards.
- Responsible for system backups, and coordinate with the infrastructure team for storage and rotation of backups is accomplished.
- Enable Sentry for RBAC (role-based access control) to have a privilege level access to the data in HDFS as per the security policies.
- Perform cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Cloudera Manager Enterprise.
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security.
- Conduct performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines.
- Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning. Manage, troubleshoot and review Hadoop log files.
- Perform file system management and monitoring as well as HDFS and other Cloudera Hadoop components support and maintenance.
- Design and implement Backup and Disaster Recovery strategy based out of Cloudera BDR utility.
- Mentor others as necessary.
- Work with IT team to configure server changes for storage, performance.
Essential Functions :
- Work individually, with minimal supervision, as well as in team environments
- Detail-oriented, well-organized work skills
- Manage time and stress appropriately
- Prioritize work, considering the bigger picture, ensuring alignment with department and corporate objectives
- Analyze and solve development, maintenance, and support challenges
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- On-call 24/7 required (rotating)
- Ability to work at a fast pace to deliver optimal solutions that will help improve business results
- Ability to exercise initiative on problem-solving
- Strong ability to identify, prioritize and solve system related problems
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred with 3 years of IT experience
- 2+ years recent Cloudera Hadoop Administration experience with Cloudera certification
- Strong knowledge of Hadoop Architecture(HDFS), Hadoop Cluster installation, configuration, monitoring, cluster security, cluster resources management, maintenance and performance tuning
- Expert level knowledge of Cloudera Hadoop components such as HDFS, Sentry, Kafka, Impala, Hue, Spark, Hive, YARN, ZooKeeper and Postgres
- Strong knowledge of key scripting and programming languages such as Python, Scala, and Bash.
- Strong understanding and experience with Hadoop Stack including HDFS, Hive, HBase, Yarn, Flume, Scoop, Oozie, Impala, Spark.
- Knowledge of relational databases, industry practices, techniques, standards and sensitive, PII data handling.
- Proficient with system upgrades, patches, maintaining compliance, and support audits.
- Experience with public Cloud environments including AWS and Azure.
- Experience in build and deployment automation.
- Intimate knowledge of fully integrated AD/Kerberos authentication