Trafigura - Technical Lead - Java/J2EE (8-12 yrs)
Main Purpose :
- Participate in strategic planning discussions with technical and business stakeholders and is the single point of contact delivery partner for single or multiple sub-systems for global techno-functional product owner.
- Architect and design solutions and guide the vendor teams to implement the solution as per the architecture and design.
- Be hands-on master developer on the system and coach developers of the vendors. Pair program with new developers on an existing system to build their capability.
- Identify gaps in technical design, functional requirements, in the team members and work towards closing those gaps to ensure high quality software is delivered to meet business goals.
- Help implement a continuous learning culture within the vendor teams to build their capability the sub-system(s) he or he is leading.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
1. Technical Skillsets :
- Several years of hands-on distributed systems development using J2EE application stack, front-to-back messaging infrastructure and Oracle. Preferable with complex financial systems, logistics or complex systems integrations.
- Proficient in handling the most complex of technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and object oriented designing techniques.
- Minimum 8-10 years of hands-on coding experience with following technologies - Java, J2EE, Oracle, working with any of the messaging technology (MQ, TIBCO etc).
- Understands different programming languages and ability to solve problems in coding, testing and deployment.
- Expert level understanding of object oriented design and development.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex systems using tools like Splunk, AppDynamics or the likes.
2. Experience :
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with developing end-to-end complex systems with a multi-national or complex technology driven firm in India.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with outsourced vendor partners is BIG plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Physics or Mathematics is required.
- Understanding of Commodities, Logistics, Financing, Accounting or Derivatives is a BIG plus.
3. Competencies :
- Strong oral and written communications with strong inter-personal skills to collaborate with vendor teams and global IT owners with attention to micro level details.
- Must be acclimatized working and dealing with client managers / senior management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong change management skills, ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working in groups as well as independently.
- Professional management of employee relationships at all levels.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Team player with an enthusiastic approach to fresh challenges
Key Responsibilities :
- Operate as a delivery partner in the 3-in-box operating model and partner with global techno-functional stakeholders and vendor technical teams to deliver strategic business objectives.
- Own the BAU delivery and product support for the business systems he or she is assigned to.
- Coach and Mentor the vendor developers for the assigned work stream.
Key Relationships :
- External : Strategic outsourcing partners.
- Internal : Technical and Functional partners and stakeholders based in UK, Geneva, China etc.