Trafigura - DevOps Lead - Perl/Ruby/Build & Release (8-10 yrs)
Trafigura Global Services Pvt. Ltd. (TGS) is the Shared Services Centre (SSC) for Trafigura, a world leading physical commodity trading company. We source, store, blend and deliver oil and key raw materials to clients all over the world. We trade commodities such as crude oil, refined petroleum products, concentrates and refined metals and provides the ships and facilities to store and transport them.
We operate through a network of over 81 offices in 58 countries across the globe. We are active in at least 15 key global markets. With a turnover of US$133 billion in 2013; we traded over 2.3 million barrels a day of oil and petroleum products and shipped 26.7million tonnes of non-ferrous and bulk commodities.
Ours is a long-term business model. We are building partnerships with host governments, project partners and local communities that deliver lasting, shared value.
We benefit from a talented and highly motivated international workforce. Because managers and employees both own and run the company they identify strongly with its performance. Our decentralised structure promotes individual responsibility and a flexible, responsive approach.
We operate responsibly, adding real value for our clients, our stakeholders and our shareholders.
Department - TGS Trading IT is responsible for front-to-back delivery of various applications that enable Trafigura's Oil & Metal's trading.
Main Purpose :
- Incorporate all Projects under single umbrella of DevOps with extensive automation to remove manual intervention.
- Help implement a continuous learning culture within the vendor teams to build their capability the sub-system(s) he or she is leading.
- Management of Linux Machines, Web Servers / App Servers.
- Application and environment support for non-production & production environments.
- Management of AWS Infrastructure. Building automation.
- Collaborate with development and support teams to plan and deploy production releases.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of common (non-production) environments.
- Escalation point for all common environments.
- Manage vendor team across different locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Technical Skillsets
- Experience with programming using Perl, Ruby or equivalent. Experience with automating Build/Release processes.
- Knowledge of orchestration tools like Ansible, Puppet or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge and working experience with Linux and Scripting.
- Experience with large scale environment management
- Good experience with AWS or comparable cloud providers
- Experience with automation, monitoring, setting up Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployments
- Experience in troubleshooting complex systems using tools like Splunk, AppDynamics or the likes.
- Minimum 8-10 years of hands-on DevOps experience with CI/CD & automation experience in Ansible/Puppet/Ruby.
- Minimum of 2years of experience in dealing with Outsource Partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Physics or Mathematics is required.
- Experience of 2-4 years in Investment Bank is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications with strong inter-personal skills to collaborate with vendor teams and global IT owners with attention to micro level details.
- Must be acclimatized working and dealing with client managers / senior management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong change management skills, ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working in groups as well as independently.
- Professional management of employee relationships at all levels.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Team player with an enthusiastic approach to fresh challenges
Key Responsibilities :
- Own the BAU activities and DevOps support for the business systems he or she is assigned to.
- Coach and Mentor the vendor developers for the assigned work stream.
Key Relationships :
- External : Strategic outsourcing partners.
- Internal : Technical and Functional partners and stakeholders based in UK, Geneva, China etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.