Talent Acquisition Specialist at Toppr
Views:624 Applications:174 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:132
Toppr - Senior Android Developer - Java/SDK (2-7 yrs)
Toppr is India's best learning app that provides personalized learning for students studying for boards, Olympiads and various engineering and medical competitive exams. Toppr enables students to study comprehensively and perform at their best in CBSE, ICSE, State Boards along with JEE, NEET and other competitive exams. Toppr was founded in 2013 and is backed by Saif Partners, Helion Ventures and Fidelity Growth Partners (Eight Road Ventures).
Based out of Mumbai, Toppr currently caters to 20L+ registered students in classes 5-12, who are taking advantage of its deep-structured content and powerful adaptive algorithms. Toppr has experienced phenomenal top line growth (400% over the last year) at a significant contribution margin, making it one of the few sustainable start-ups in the Indian ecosystem.
The company has sales offices in 15 cities from where students can get access to further counseling assistance. The aim is to double the city presence by the end of 2017.
We are looking for a Senior Android Developer with the following qualities :
- A smart Android hacker having substantial experience in developing, enhancing and maintaining applications aimed at a range of Android devices.
- Someone with an ability to ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Ability to work within a rapidly evolving environment.
- Bring new ideas and technologies to the table that can improve our product or process
- The Senior Android Developer will be working with a highly competent & performance oriented Engineering team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Architect and develop Toppr's Android application with quality code that is easy to test and maintain.
- Implement application features as part of an iterative Agile development process.
- Work closely with the team including product managers, interaction designers, and backend engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Work closely with QA to identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues.
- Play a key role in design sessions, providing expert input, suggestions, and advice on screen design, screen flow, usability and overall user experience.
- BE/BTech in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience of 3+ years.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Great understanding of Android design guidelines, SDK and excellent Java skills
- Experience in TDD.
- Excellent eye for detail, ability to code designs to the dot.
- Love for coding, with the ability to intuitively pick up and use any new language/protocol/ framework.
- Great energy, get stuff done, and thrive in a startup environment.
- An eagerness to learn and teach new disciplines, methodologies, stay up to date with the community and develop best practices.