Sr.Manager- HR at Timesys Technologies
Views:78 Applications:6 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Timesys Technologies - Embedded Software Engineer - Kernel/Open Source (2-4 yrs)
Job description : We are looking for software developers who are passionate about developing and optimizing Linux based platforms.
What you will be doing :
1. Integrate various software and security patches into build systems
2. Backport key features/bug-fixes as needed by the customers to the distribution or Linux kernel of customers product line.
3. Migrate board specific software from older version of the Linux kernel to newer versions
4. Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
5. Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
6. Be the system-SW generalist and take-up any technical challenge and resolve it through right solution.
What We Need To See :
1. 2+ years- experience building and shipping embedded systems.
2. Proficiency in C 3
3. Keen sense of urgency and drive for results
4. Attention to detail
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
6. Experience writing code to setup SoC peripherals and ISRs 2
7. Strong problem-solving skills, be adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership of complex problems 4
8. Ability to collaborate well with other developers, managers, and across teams
Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd :
1. Hands-on Linux experience in either professional or hobby projects is a strong plus.
2. Experience with Linux device drivers and bootloaders is a strong plus.
3. Good breadth of technical knowledge (Linux user space) is a strong plus.
4. Experience working with open source community to fix bugs, add features is a plus.
5. Scripting and automation experience with Python, bash or similar languages is a strong plus
6. Proficiency in Git is a strong plus.
7. Experience with real-time operating systems is a plus.
8. Experience with one or more build environments such as Yocto, Buildroot, OpenEmbedded, and Android is a strong plus.
1. Opportunity to work on cutting edge open source technologies
2. Wide variety of challenging projects to choose from
3. Casual work environment
Candidates can apply and can reach us @ 97899 99640