Sr Manager HR at Ticketmaster
Views:83 Applications:3 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Ticketmaster - Senior DBA Engineer - MySQL/Operating Systems (4-8 yrs)
- Primarily the engineering, deployment and support of MySQL database environment.
- Support Database Platform Engineering in the development and deployment of MySQL Database in high SLA environments.
- Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
- Database administration for off the shelf and internally developed applications, ensure continuous 24x7 operation and availability in support of mission critical business applications and participating in on-call rotation.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain MySQL databases in production and non-production environments.
- Participate in Database Maintenance and DR activities.
- Write/maintain OS level scripts for DB automation and application maintenance.
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
- Physical implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of escalated Level 1 issues.
- Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information technology field is a must.
- 4-8 years of DBA experience, managing MySQL databases
- Strong understanding of MySQL database fundamentals and security management
- Strong understanding of MySQL Native Replication fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, Shell scripting, Perl/Python scripting is a plus
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organisation to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.