HR at The Boston Consulting Group
Views:275 Applications:35 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
The Boston Consulting Group - Software Engineer/Senior Engineer/Lead Engineer (7-9 yrs)
WHAT YOU'LL DO :
We are seeking exceptional candidates with experience and passion to fill a Lead Software Engineer position in BCG's new product business unit.
- This global business unit is an integral part of BCG's strategy to develop new digital client service offerings in order to deliver superior value and sustained impact. The unit has responsibilities for full-life cycle of BCG proprietary data and software assets, from initial business case to roadmap delivery, launch, and ongoing support operations.
- All of BCG's core product capabilities are housed within the business unit including product management, design, development, support and data analytics experts who work in deep collaboration with BCG practice areas, clients and consulting teams. This team of highly motivated and insightful colleagues will provide an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment supported by a global management-consulting firm, which is the world's leading advisor on business strategy
YOU'RE GOOD AT :
- Work with project team members to gather, assess & organize business requirements.
- Develop web and mobile solutions using relevant technologies as listed below.
- Create/Design DB structures; Write complex queries; Optimize & tune for performance.
- Work closely with stakeholders to gain a thorough understanding the business and project needs.
- Develop, integrate, test and deliver high quality, robust solutions in a time bound manner as per the requirements.
- Execute and deliver as per project plans.
- Work with the delivery lead to help manage a smooth implementation and testing of the application at client location if required.
- Contribute in the creation of re-usable tools and libraries.
- Perform research for viable technical and/or non-technical solutions, evaluating new tools and technology that could be used to fulfill business needs.
- Document, track, and monitor bugs, problems, and issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Participate in the rapid enhancement of solutions as required by stakeholders.
- Provide leadership, coach and mentor junior developers, providing technical guidance and performing design and code reviews to ensure quality and adherence to applicable standards.
- Define, Implement and maintain software development best practices.
- Participate in estimation and planning of a project.
- Communicate with stakeholders, customers and manage expectations.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS) :
Education or Certifications : Bachelors/Masters degree in IT, Computer science, or related field.
Work Experience :
- 3-10 years of relevant experience in building industry-standard software applications, including distributed systems
- Additional weight age for contributions made to open source projects, blogs, forums etc. in relevant technologies
Functional /Technical Skills :
- Proficient in following Frameworks, Technologies and Tools:
- Application development patterns - OOPS, TDD, BDD.
- Web Frameworks - Spring, Spring boot
- Data access frameworks - Hibernate, Mybatis
- Frontend framework - ReactJS
- Database technologies - Postrgres, MongoDB, Redis
- Build systems - Maven, Gradle
- Version control - Git
- Cloud development - AWS, Ansible, Teraform
- Testing - Junit, Selenium, Cucumber
- Application performance and monitoring tools
- Design Patterns, Functional Programming
- Agile/Scrum/XP/Iterative application development approaches.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
YOU'LL WORK WITH :
- Our technology consultants and specialists partner with our clients and colleagues to build and implement digital solutions through a broad spectrum of activities.
- Technology jobs and engineering jobs include design of IT architectures, large-scale transformation, agile development, software engineering, cybersecurity consulting, and risk management.
CITY : New Delhi
COUNTRY : India
YOUR EMPLOYEE TYPE IS : Regular
YOUR JOB TYPE IS : Full time
WHO WE ARE :
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world's best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity.
In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible- and unlocking your potential to advance the world. BCG Product Business Unit works with Boston Consulting Group's practice areas- specific industries and capabilities in order to transform the firm's unique intellectual property into professional, scalable products to support our client service efforts. BCG Product Business Unit employs leading-edge technologies and specialized experts in product design and development, visualization, benchmarking, and custom analysis to provide world-class solutions.