CoFounder & Business Head at Peopleton Solutions
Views:112 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Technical Support Engineer - Network Protocols (2-6 yrs)
Job Description :
Do you want to drive that next wave of convenience, comfort and security for consumers? How about enabling businesses to run more efficiently while servicing their customer needs better? Maybe you want to help redefine business models for service providers and manufacturers? Come join our Support Engineering team, as we help large brands and enterprises transform their business with the Internet Of Things.
- We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer with a passion for Internet of Things (IoT).
- You will gain exposure as well as hands on experience with IoT platform and connected devices. You love the tech side but also like the thrill of working directly with customers.
- You are curious, a fast self-learner and able to come up to speed on particular technology areas that you might not have been exposed to previously.
- You work well with other engineers, are an independent worker, but are not afraid to ask for help and direction.
What You Will Be Doing :
- Provide 3rd level technical support to company's Global 2000 customer base for launched internet connected products (everything from refrigerators to door locks to baby socks)
- Research, document, and escalate support cases according to procedure
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule and address urgent issues quickly
- Identify issues suitable for entry in the Knowledge Base (KB). Write, review, and release KB articles
- Setup and maintain an in-house IoT laboratory and connected devices
- Work with tech writers to enhance documentation and training materials
Desired Skills and Experience :
- 2+ years of experience as a Support/Application Engineer in a high tech industry
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Solid foundation in software with strong systems knowledge
- Good communication skills and desire to help customers
- Experience with networking protocols: Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, ZigBee, Z-Wave
- Embedded processor programming experience
- Familiar with Linux
- RESTful APIs experience a plus
Education : BS/MS in Engineering or Computer Science