Recruiter at Accord Consultants
Views:70 Applications:17 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Technical Lead - Software Development - Scala/Java/J2EE (5-10 yrs)
The Client is a Fastest Growing Big Data Platform leveraging on the multiple Data Sources backed by the alumni of Harvard Business School, IIM & IIT in the Banking/ Financial Services sector
Job Role :
- The Candidate would be responsible for implementing the strategy and goals for product development, quality, cost & delivery, maximizing efficiency and driving engineering excellence.
- Work closely with the Internal & external stakeholders, Customer Service, Sales & Marketing regarding technical support.
- Responsible for all areas of the Engineering function and quality of service delivery, striving for best in class products and business practices to deliver to the customer's expectations, managing teams and projects across the business.
- Provide clear leadership and vision, inspire and motivate the team to achieve excellence and mentor them as they develop new skills.
- Drive Key Performance Indicators across all areas of the Engineering function to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards.
Job Responsibilities :
- Direct the successful design, implementation and delivery of key engineering assignments
- Work with customers and partners to integrate disparate systems with our Alpha platform
- Coach and mentor the team members and provide necessary technical support
- Completely responsible for delivering a high-quality product deliverable, meeting all required functionality, within allocated schedule and budget
- Assist the architects and developers in establishing standard development practices in projects
- Translate requirements into the required technical solution by defining and documenting the high-level logical components and overall technical solution characteristics in functional specifications and high- level designs
- Work with the architects to validate the development approach and assumptions that underlie the project plan and work plan
- Ensure the quality and integrity of all designs, including the adherence to standards, project technical requirements and best practices
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing and the development of a sense of community within the technical delivery groups
- Responsible for monitoring project plans and actively participates in project audits
- Schedule Software Development Lifecycle reviews as and when needed
- Responsible for the end to end delivery of product roadmap items using Agile Methodology
- Lead requirement workshops
Technical Skills :
- Knowledge of technological trends in the Software development industry
- Expertise on modern technologies such as Scala, Node.JS, python, SQL, NoSQL
- Working experience in Java/J2EE
- Knowledge of or experience in legacy technologies & platforms
- Thorough understanding of Project Management methodologies and tools
Position Requirements :
- 5+ years of experience with at least a 2-year proven track record in leading product development teams
- Proven experience of product engineering especially on the Cloud and Big Data platforms
- Strong knowledge of systems design principles, requirements specifications, standards development and practices