HR Consultant at MM HR Consultancy
Views:54 Applications:4 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Technical Lead - Backend Development - Ruby on Rails (5-10 yrs)
Job Description :
- As a Technical Lead you will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between server and user.
- Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application.
- A basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary.
- Design, build, and maintain the core backend stack of our Learning Product.
- Code & design review of application and database changes done by other engineers.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automation.
- Work closely with Product management on feature design and Project management on estimates and schedules.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque.
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Liquid, Slim, etc depending on your technology stack.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as Sass, based on project requirements.
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTfuI.
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Good communication skills, translate product requirements to technical design and implementation
- Familiarity with Continuous integration and other deployment strategies
- Familiarity with devops tools is a plus. (Salt, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in leading a team
- Good debugging skills
- Experience in using Linux on production environment. Using bash/ssh to debug production issues.
- Knowledge on AWS and its services is a plus.
Qualifications : B.Tech
Working Days : 5 Days a week
Job Nature : Full Time