Tech Support Engineer - Operating Systems/Scripting (1-2 yrs)
Job Responsibilities :
- Participates as a member of an IT team who monitoring inflow and case exchange of tickets to other ticketing platforms
- Performs basic analysis of functional or service requirements using a fundamental understanding of IT Business process or problems.
- Partners with members of a given team or other IT teams as appropriate.
- Identifies potential escalations and proactively alerts management.
- Provide 24X7 Support and this would need working in shifts.
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience
Knowledge and Skills :
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge and experience in Unix/Linux, Windows, Oracle/MS SQL server, SQL/PL SQL.
- Understanding and working knowledge of IT infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, security, end-user and server related applications).
- Understanding and working knowledge of business IT applications.
- Basic skills in scripting and / or programming language, but not mandatory.
- Experience with monitoring and reacting to system events and end-user/business requests.
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model is preferable.
- Good initiative, problem-solving, priority setting, and collaboration skills.
- Basic organizational and analytical skills.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity. Possess creative ability, credibility and self-confidence.