Tech Mahindra - Analyst - BI Automation (2-4 yrs)
Job Title : Analyst - BI Automation
Department : Business Intelligence & Analytics
Location : Mumbai / Pune
Reports to : Team Leader / Assistant Manager
Span of Control : None
Job purpose :
The Analyst - BI Automation is responsible for
(i) Managing reporting requirements from business stakeholders,
(ii) Undertaking system design activities and
(iii) Providing system support.
MSBI- Microsoft Business Intelligence
Principal accountabilities :
I. Managing reporting requirements from business stakeholders :
- Build a deep understand the core business and the associated KPIs.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert in an assigned business area.
- Liaise with stakeholders at various levels to understand business requirements.
- Create requirement document, Functional specs and change logs.
- Design reporting formats to provide accurate information clearly and concisely.
- Extract and transform datasets from various sources and import into SQL.
- Build and maintain dashboards / reporting solutions based on requirements received.
- Build ad-hoc data solutions for stakeholders based on requirements received.
II. Undertake system design activities :
- Translate functional requirements into conceptual and detailed designs.
- Work independently to troubleshoot and make configuration changes on assigned systems.
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for automation processes to ensure uninterrupted process continuity.
- Create and maintain user documentations such Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to provide users a hassle-free usage of tools.
- Follow industry best practices and coding standards
III. Support databases maintenance activities :
- Work closely with the Database team to ensure reporting efficiencies.
- Investigate and helps resolve problems relating to routine use of information systems and related equipment.
- Provides ad-hoc reports as per requirement to ensure customer needs are met.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies Required :
Functional Skills and Competencies :
- Understands data cleaning techniques
- Worked with large datasets (at least 100k rows)
- Hands-on experience in Dashboard design
- Experience in liaising with stakeholders at various levels.
- Ability to analyse and provide accurate interpretation of data
- Ability to look beyond obvious solutions and create more effective reporting.
- Agility to adapt to a fast paced and constantly evolving business.
- Understands Call Centre Metrics (Desirable)
Technical Competencies :
- Working experience in MS Office applications like MS Excel, Power point and Word.
- Hands-on experience in SQL querying, building stored procedures, etc.
- Hands-on experience in any one data Visualization Tool (eg: Tableau, Qlik etc)
- Awareness of database administration
- Hands-on experience in query optimization
- Awareness of data and application testing
- Experience with development technologies such as Visual Studio, ASP.Net, C#
- Experience in ETL and other related activities
Education & Experience required :
Education : - (Minimum) Graduation required.
Experience : - Minimum 2 years of experience of which at least 1 year should be relevant experience.