Assistant Manager at Tally Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Views:47 Applications:5 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Tally Solutions - Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ (6-9 yrs)
Tally is a pioneer in the business software products arena. Since its inception in 1986, Tally's simple yet powerful products have been revolutionizing the way businesses run. Having delivered path breaking technology consistently for more than 30 years, Tally symbolizes unmatched innovation and leadership. Today, it caters to millions of users across industries in over 100 countries and continues to be the unchallenged industry leader in the enterprise resource planning software domain.
Tally is used by close to 1.5 million businesses across the world. We have a 28000+ strong partner network and a total strength of 800+ employees. Tally is Head quartered in Bangalore with 19 regional offices across India and 2 overseas offices (Dubai & Kenya). Tally's products run on Tally's own technology platform, which is developed in-house at our Engineering center.
Our engineers do cutting edge technology work; developing platform artifacts for memory management, data structures, versioned database engine, business data artifacts, UI platform and even a development language which are part of our platform.
On the end user side, Tally application development covers a vast range of business functions from accounting, inventory, billing, payroll, manufacturing, costing, budgeting, auditing, compliance etc.
Our Engineering center is located in Bangalore while our sales offices and partners are spread across the country and specific regions outside India. Our Engineering team consists of highly talented engineers who live a purpose and dream to develop the software that will accomplish our goal - To be the technology fabric that drives economic growth of the world- TallyWorld is Tally's visualization of how businesses will operate in the future and therein the next generation of Tally products and associated services.
We intend to bring together the world's largest network of interconnected businesses through our solution where businesses will be able to talk to each other and manage all their operations and transactions under one roof. All this with financial-grade security, telco-grade availability and Tally grade simplicity, speed and accuracy.
To build this network of businesses tally likes to build its own technology stack to deliver the required products.
Major components of the stack are highlighted below :
Operating system : We use a trimmed down version of the Linux
Database system : An Object-oriented database written by Tally to support single view, replication, distributed and multi-tenancy
Web server & app server : We shall write our own hosting platform that can handle millions of connections per server
Communication and Security : We write our own communication and security layer which cannot be broken even when source code is available
4GL Engine : Tally shall define its own language and build a VM to run the programs written using this language
Role : Senior Software Development Engineer
Experience : 6-9 yrs
What will you be doing? :
- Be responsible for the implementation of a module or set of modules for Tally World- our next gen product architecture
- Strong focus on the upkeep of the quality of the deliverable and maintain consistency with the design goals
- Participate in problem definition, come up with solutions, design specification creation and root cause analysis for fixes
- To execute unit testing of the code and iterations of integration testing and deliver high quality formally tested code
- Track work progress and quality through efficient review & acceptance frameworks
- Understands the technical specifications and complete the assignments given with guidance
- Understand and use the overall development approach of the organization and follow prevailing practices regarding documentation, coding standards and development tools
- Create low level design - flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts and carry out independent research of ways to optimize, tune and improvise a given solution
Who are we looking for?
- Ability to adapt, learn and grow and display a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to pick up new technologies rapidly to convert specs to low level design
- Proficient in C/C++ development, OS concepts, Data Structures and Algorithms also in Coding, Code Review, Unit/Functional Testing, Static and Dynamic Code Analysis