Talentica - Principal Software Engineer - Computer Vision/Deep Learning (3-6 yrs)
The Company :
Talentica Software is a boutique software development company started by ex-IITB grads and industry veterans. It is a privately held company. The company is 15years old and 400+ employees work exclusively for startups as Tech Partners taking them from a Series-A position to Series-B position and possible acquisition (for example Citrus Pay).
We have built products for over 100 startups, most of them are based in the Bay Area or Europe. These startups come to us primarily because we know the issues that plague startup product development and the solutions for the same, thereby improving their success chances. Owing to the unique space we are in, we deal extensively with cutting edge technology.
As of today, there are close to 50 startups whose product is being built by engineers at Talentica. 90% of these companies are headquartered in the Bay Area or East-Coast region of the US. Some of them are seed funded, and some are Series-A or Series-B funded by leading Venture Capitalists. These startups include FinTech companies with big banks as their sponsors, Wireless technology companies with funding from Google Ventures, E-commerce companies riding on the BlockChain revolution, and Companies involved in building products targeting computational biology.
Data Science Team :
- The data science team works under the purview of the Technology Excellence Group at Talentica Software. The goal of this team is to solve problems and build algorithms that are typically data driven. Hence, problems involving statistics, optimization, computer vision, machine learning, and natural language processing are of interest to this group.
- The team has built and deployed production quality machine learning algorithms solving unique problem statements for multiple startups in Talentica. Now we are growing at a rapid pace as so many startups have a machine learning component in them.
Know more about the Data Science Team
Some Machine Learning Problems Solved(last 1 year)
1. Automated Valuation Models for rent estimates of properties based on heterogeneous data sources - boosted trees
2. Convex optimization solution with Lagrangean relaxation for a network of wireless sensors - proprietary implementation, gradient descent
3. Estimating location of Bluetooth assets based on radio frequency signal strength
4. Detecting and extracting questions and key phrases from free-flowing and unformatted text
5. Pattern recognition and classification system to detect presence of single cells in a nutrient solution
6. Clustering similar regions in H&E stained histopathology images
7. Estimating network throughput using wireless characteristics
8. Recognizing sequential patterns in text to extract key information relevant to legal clauses
Scope for Hiring :
The hiring is for the position of a Principal Software Engineer with a Data Scientist role in areas related image processing and computer vision.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Understanding the startup product, problem definition, identifying the solution
- Work as an individual contributor and deliver working code for the algorithms built
- Work with core image processing and computer vision algorithms tobuild the solutions from scratch
- Be prepared to work on a wide variety of problem statements involving computer vision and image processing algorithms
- Work with software development engineers to make the solution production ready
- Work on two problem statements simultaneously
- Take ownership and communicate with stake holders by way of show-and-tell
- Engage in research and publication work in areas beyond what Talentica is currently working on
Educational Background :
- Has completed PhD preferably from one of the old IITs or IISc-Bangalore or universities of repute outside India
- Should have completed full-time PhD degree in areas aligned with computer vision & image processing
- Should have a Master's degree from IIT or IISc or IIIT-Hyderabad or ISI-Kolkata or universities of repute outside India
- Has at least one published full paper in conferences such as CVPR/ECCV/ICML/NIPS
- Credited courses focused on linear algebra, stochastic models, pattern recognition, design and analysis of algorithms, machine learning, image processing, computer vision
Work Experience :
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Should like to work in a startup environment.
- Excellent programming skills and must be able to implement complex algorithms in Python
- Hands-on experience with use of standard image processing and machine learning libraries such as OpenCV, Tensorflow, Keras, Sk-Learn, ML-Lib
- Demonstrated experience in application of computer vision algorithms for video, shape recognition, matching & retrieval
- Well versed in implementation of segmentation, matching, correspondence algorithms
- Well versed with feature extraction techniques, morphological transformations, applications of trained deep learning models such as ResNet, VGGNet
- Should be capable of converting theory to practice by reading relevant papers
- Should be capable of conceiving original ideas and implementing them as working algorithms