Founder CEO at PKS & Associates
Views:500 Applications:25 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
System Architect - Cloud (18-20 yrs)
SYSTEM ARCHITECT - CLOUD @ Bangalore, India
Our client is a technology transformation company working on some of the most advanced telecommunication technologies like Edge-Cloud, Software Defines Access Technologies, 5G, IOT and so on. They are on a mission to create world class networking products. This position is for one of such new product initiatives that is going to be developed out of their Bangalore R&D center and deployed across large telecom operator networks across the world.
Position : SYSTEM ARCHITECT - CLOUD. ONLY PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CANDIDATES ARE BEING CONSIDERED. OTHERS NEED NOT APPLY.
Education : PhD / Post-Graduate / Graduate in Computer Science / Electronics Engineering in the relevant field
Experience : 18+ years of experience in telecom industry on product requirements, development and deployment.
Location : Bangalore
Compensation : Competitive and commensurate with candidate caliber and experience
Role Responsibilities and Desired Profile :
- System Architect is appointed by the Engineering HOD to lead the solution, architecture & technology choices in cloud-native architecture, network element management, NFV or SDN domains.
- Candidate will be responsible for - Engaging with Customers and understanding systems, deployment and operations requirements.
- Working with Customers, Pre-Sales, PLM, CTO and Engineering to drive systems solution and architecture.
- Guiding team to create performance benchmark, data sheets, use cases and application notes.
- Guiding team to choose solution options from open source community for specific customer requirements. Leading thought leadership activities in collaboration with PLM.
- Position reports to Engineering HOD and interacts with the Customers, PLM, Pre-Sales and CTO office for System Requirements and Solutions.
Preferred Industry Experience :
- 18+ years of experience in telecom industry on product requirements, development and deployment.
- Hands-on experience in telecommunications products (wireline or wireless).
- Expertise in Cloud-native architecture, Microservices, Virtualization, NFV, Orchestration/ MANO.
- Expertise in Network Management, EMS, FCAPS, OAM. Expertise in interacting with Operators and Product Deployment.
- Experience in Networking Product Development (Switching, Routing, Fabric, SDN) is desirable.
- Experience in core telecom domain: wireline/wireless/management will be desirable. Well versed with Agile/Scrum software development life cycles and processes.
Responsibilities and Key Result Areas :
- A System Architect/ Sr System Architect is primarily responsible for the following: a) Cloud / Virtualization / Platform: Has in depth of knowledge of the Open Source components, Kubernetes, Docker, VNF-m, MANO, Open Stack; focused on cloud management.
- Good knowledge on cloud-native architecture. Good knowledge of microservices LCM,Resiliency, High Availability (HA) & Scalability. Good knowledge of REST and Open interfaces for Management and Control.
- Good knowledge and experience on Platform, hardware and firmware, management & FCAPS. Knowledge of OS/Linux and packages like DHCP, NFS, PXE-Boot are desirable. b) System Engineering & Technical Product Management:
- Experience in bringing in new ideas, practices and thought leadership into product development. Experience in creating system requirements for carrier-grade products.
- Experience in leading POCs and providing critical design inputs to development team.
- Experience in dealing with Customers and Operators to gather product requirements.
c) Systems &Programming (Guide or Mentor role): Programming / Scripting - C / C++ / Java / Golang - ability to guide team to good practices.
- Experience in system integration, deployment, troubleshooting.
- Experience in system performance benchmarking and optimization. Excellent problem solving, analytical skills.
d) Telecom 1 or more desirable :
- Experience in Wireline FTTH technologies - GPON, XGPON, OLT/ONT, EPON. Experience in PON management technologies - OMCI, SIEPON.
- Experience in Networking technologies - Switching, DPDK, Network Switches, SDN.
- Experience in cellular wireless technologies such as UMTS, LTE is desirable.
- Accountability and Authorities: Accountable for his / her responsibilities described above in Role section.
- Authorized to approve the architecture, product requirements, design documents and the system test specifications.
- Decision Making: Defines/Approves any architectural changes in the product program. Technical changes in the product program.
Skill Set :
- Soft Skills.
- Good communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and listening).
- Good mentoring skills.
- Good demonstration skills and customer interaction.
- Active team player & excellent interpersonal interactions skills in a team work environment.
- Must have ability to drive and demand result from team, resolve technical conflicts. Ability to front end big customers / operators with technical and business acumen desirable.
Qualification : PhD / Post-Graduate / Graduate in Computer Science / Electronics Engineering in the relevant field.