Principal Consultant at Symmetrical Global
Views:172 Applications:6 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
System Administrator - Python/VMware (8-12 yrs)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Manage or support various internal and customer facing production infrastructure.
- Detect, diagnose, and resolve software and hardware failures.
- Provide support to IT operations, security, and communications systems.
- Maintain and administering Unix based systems like RedHat, Solaris.
- Able to work non-business hours providing system and application support.
- Handling Installation/Configuration/Administration/Upgrade and management of Solaris, Linux and VMware
- Planning/Designing and Maintain High Availability on Pacemaker and VCS.
- Handling backups/Archive and restorations of data using Tivoli Storage Manager
- Handling Installation/Configuration/Administration and management of IBM and HP Storages
- Responsible and accountable for complete production infrastructure availability 24/7.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in discipline or equivalent experience.
- 8 + years of IT experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with operating systems, configuration management tools, and programing skills, certifications preferred.
- Experience maintaining, Python, Perl, Bash/Ksh Scripting.
- Experience maintaining, virtual environment like VMware, Zones and LDOM's.
- Experience with Linux OS (Redhat or CentOS) and Solaris Environment..
- Experience with network equipment and networking protocols.
- Must have excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and work independently and well with others in a team environment.
- Must be able to present complex ideas into a clear, relevant, and compelling written product.
- Ability to verbally convey technical concepts in clear, concise and understandable terms is also required.
- Ability to work well under tight, fixed deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel, from executive to administrative staff.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and deliver on commitments.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours when necessary in a deadline-oriented environment.
Education and/or Experience : Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
Language Skills : An individual must also have excellent communication in English both oral and written.