Syngenta - Digital Tech Manager - Full Stack Development - Java/CI/CD (13-20 yrs)
The Technical Manager is an experienced senior level developer with a background in systems management, agile methodology and operational ready products (DevOps).
- The role will be responsible for improvement of current systems and providing knowledge on efficient development practices, with proficiency in Full-Stack development.
- Managing and developing a team of up to 15-20 people is a key success factor for the role, as well as effective stakeholder management and interacting with agronomists and product owners.
Experience and Qualifications :
- Should have a Bachelor's Degree in IT
- Explicit and extensive agile delivery experience
- Career experience as lead developer working with leadership teams
- Very strong understanding of Full-Stack
- Very strong understanding of Java OR Scala
- Very strong understanding of Micro-service architectures, design patterns and distributed architectures OR understanding of designing RESTful APIs
- Working Knowledge of one of NoSQL Data Bases (MongoDB, Neo4J, elasticsearch, cassandra)
- Knowledge of automation and CI/CD (test and build automation)
- Good understanding of cloud architectures, including AWS, Serverless Technologies
- Familiarity with containers (Docker/Vagrant)
- Familiarity with Ansible
- Familiarity with Automated Deployment Tools
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Strong algorithm design, logical and reasoning skills
- Ability to deliver POCs, MVPs, Experiments, technology evaluations following design thinking practices
- Ability to orchestrate efforts needed to prioritize business initiatives across complex change agendas
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills to explain technical information to individuals who don't have the same technical background
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Teamwork, team management and leadership skills