Vice President - HR at Synchrony Financial
Views:383 Applications:79 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Synchrony Financial - Walkin - IT Project Manager (5-10 yrs)
Hiring drive on 19th and 20th January 2019 in Hyderabad
Hitech City, Madhapur, Hyderabad - 500081
Timings : 10am to 6pm
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title : IT Project Manager
About us :
Our journey together as Synchrony began on July 31, 2014 with an initial public offering of 125 million shares on the New York Stock Exchange. It marked our first official step in separating from General Electric Corporation and our former identity as GE Capital Retail Finance.
On November 17, 2015, Synchrony officially became a fully independent company with the finalization of an exchange offer on the remaining SYF shares held by GE.
While our company is- officially new, we've been around for a long time. Our roots trace back to the Great Depression, when we began serving consumers by financing purchases of GE appliances. Since then, we have grown into the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States (based on purchase volume and receivables) and provide a diverse range of credit products that continue to help consumers finance their purchases of goods and services. That includes not only private label, but also co-branded credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs, and Optimizer+plus branded FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank.
By The Numbers :
85 years of history, built one customer at a time -
More than 71 million - customer accounts
$125 billion in financed sales in 2016
More than 15-, 000 employees- each integral to our business
More than $52 billion in deposits in FDIC-insured CDs, money market accounts and savings
- Stronger Connections. Broader Engagement.
We've built relationships with national and regional retailers, healthcare providers, manufacturers and more. We serve hundreds of thousands of partner locations across the U.S. and Canada, and each one is important to us.
Our financial expertise spans key product areas, including electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, other retail, elective healthcare procedures and services, and more.
Our investments in technology across multiple platforms- in-store, online and mobile- allow us to engage consumers when and where they want. Our programs and tools strengthen the relationship between our business clients and their customers, driving growth and opportunity across the board.
Who we are :
Synchrony (NYSE: SYF) is one of the nation's premier consumer financial services companies. Our roots in consumer finance trace back to 1932, and today we are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on volume and receivables.
We provide a range of credit products through programs we have established with a diverse group of national and regional retailers, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers to help generate growth for our partners and offer financial flexibility to our customers.
Through our partners' over 380,000 locations across the United States and Canada, and their websites and mobile applications, we offer our customers a variety of credit products to finance the purchases of goods and services.
Synchrony offers private label and co-branded Dual Card- credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony online banking.
Our Values :
We're proud to say we- ve built a culture that stands for strong values and a shared purpose. It's a core part of our DNA, and a bold declaration of our commitment to do the right thing: for our partners, for our customers, and for our team members.
Our purpose is to pioneer the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch.
Our values mark our past, inform our actions every day, and inspire our future.
Innovation Stations :
We're shaping the future of retail financing and customer engagement every day. How? We combine technology and analytics to stay ahead of emerging trends, then pilot new programs and partnerships to deliver innovative solutions fast.
Synchrony ranked #23 Best Company to Work for in India by The Economic Times and Great Place to Work- .
For further details pl logon to our website: www.syf.com
Role Summary/Purpose :
The individual will be responsible for leading the delivery of applications supporting enterprise operations across Synchrony. This project manager will work on a dynamic team with the goal of leading innovative banking solutions to production. This individual will be responsible in leading Agile Teams as the Scrum Master for delivery of prioritized initiatives for enterprise Ops.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Lead projects in Agile methodologies in the capacity of Project Manager/ Scrum Master for allocated projects for enterprise operations.
- Manage Sprints - keeping order, process, delivery, priorities accurate and on time
- Keep scrum team focused on concrete priorities while keeping outside influences from disrupting the Scrum team and actively identify and remove waste and distractions
- Work with Product Owners and QA team to ensure that testing and feedback is completed in a timely manner and meeting the Sprint timelines.
- Work with cross-functional teams to create a holistic roadmap and planning for product delivery.
- Lead in production support prioritization with key stakeholders and identify and pursue improvements.
- Manage a diverse IT team consisting of application architects, application engineers, UX designers,and outsourced vendors.
- Manage/lead/prioritize the activities of the allocated project (Waterfall/Agile) by collaborating with other business and IT partners
- Work with business teams to shape business requirements and provide ongoing communication through project execution.
- Develop project/program plans to realize the requirements, while leading, managing, tracking, and communicating the execution of the plans and ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Generates reports from the project management tool and ensures compliance to PMO processes for allocated projects.
- Ensure PO and Invoices are allocated, tracked and reported.
- Tracks and reports financial for allocated project.
- Support transition to Agile and function independently as a scrum master.
- Conduct Scrum Ceremonies: Daily Stand Ups, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Demos/Reviews, Retrospectives, and release planning.
- Ensures development stories, acceptance criteria, assumptions, and all related documentation are timely and complete, supporting development, testing, and user acceptance activities.
- Communicate and facilitate effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of the Sprint Team (key stakeholders, executives)
- Advocate for autonomous, self-organizing, empowered, and continuously improving teams.
- Generates process reports indicating velocity, burn-down, etc.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of experience.
- At least years 5+ years of IT experience in developing and implementing information technology systems.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Project Lead/Project Manager leading/Scrum Master managing projects in Information Technology.
- Certified Scrum Master certification is mandatory.
Desired Characteristics :
- Experience and knowledge of java technology platforms would be advantageous.
- Experience managing teams versed in cloud computing, and services oriented architecture is required.
- Experience in managing projects in the capacity of project manager/scrum master/Project lead role is required.
- Experience managing offshore resources, organizing and motivate large cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing projects in large banking and financial services companies
- Experience managing multiple scrum teams in parallel desired not mandatory
- Strong business acumen and superior decision-making skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to manage expectations of the business, clients, team members, management and external groups
- Strong cross-functional team player with the ability to work seamlessly across a matrix organization
- Creativity, enthusiasm and energy with a strong customer "can do" attitude and result oriented.
- Hands on, self-motivated professional style with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple initiatives
- Ability to understand technical requirements of projects and effectively manage resources, vendors and test efforts
- Desire to work in an open, collaborative and fast-paced environment.