Vice President - HR at Synchrony Financial
Views:123 Applications:3 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Synchrony Financial - Walkin - Data Governance Steward (3-10 yrs)
We are conducting exclusive Hiring drive for Technology and Analytics roles on 18th & 19th May 2019 in Delhi
Venue: Eros Hotel
New Delhi - 110019
Timings : 10am to 5pm
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title: Data Governance Steward
- This new role within Synchrony Financial Data Management will align with the Data Governance process where the individual will collaborate with Business and IT stakeholders, Data Management process leaders, external suppliers and other stakeholders to support integration of data management programs and standards across Synchrony.
- Responsibilities will span across multiple disciplines including project management, data stewardship, training development and some technical support for the overall data management team.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Support the Data Governance Team to expand program adoption across Synchrony through communication, training, and support of the oversight community, including training/workshop coordination and Stewardship support.
- Support the data transmission process including managing the request process, expediting emergency requests, resolving questions/issues and supporting requestors and reviewers as their requests move through the process.
- Manage the development, enhancement and standardization of platform documentation, existing training materials, and supporting procedures as well as the review and analysis of training statistics to measure response.
- Analyze process efficiencies/deficiencies to provide supporting evidence and recommendations for process improvements
- Participate in the analysis of platform defects and data issues and the development and execution of remediation plans
- Bachelor's degree; in lieu of degree, a minimum of 3+ years experience in technology, finance or analytics
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing training material and procedural documentation
Desired Characteristics :
- Excellent written and communication skills to support Technical Writing requirements
- Experience with documentation and training development tools (e.g. Captivate, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word)
- Very high proficiency in English for oral / written communication to support collaboration across business processes, management levels and Data Stewards
- Experienced in using XL pivot tables, VLOOKUP function and macros in Excel
- Experience working independently demonstrating excellent work ethic, high energy, customer orientation and a problem-solving mindset
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to analyze pending assignments to establish priorities and/or multi-task
- Use of appropriate judgment to escalate issues to management in a timely fashion
- Experience with Java and reporting tools like Tableau is a plus