Vice President - HR at Synchrony Financial
Views:181 Applications:14 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Synchrony Financial - Walkin - AVP - Senior Tableau Administrator (10-18 yrs)
We are conducting exclusive Hiring drive for Technology and Analytics roles on 18th & 19th May 2019 in Delhi
Venue: Eros Hotel
New Delhi - 110019
Timings : 10am to 5pm
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title: AVP, Sr. Tableau Administrator
- The Sr. Tableau Administrator will be part of Tableau CoE and be responsible to manage Enterprise wide Tableau environments and ensure optimal performance levels of systems.
- This role is responsible to perform admin functions related to data sources and extracts, schedules, tasks, and subscriptions, upgrades, monitoring server status, command line utilities.
- This role will also work closely with the business teams to drive strategic programs and functional requirements.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Installing and administrating Tableau environment, as well as supporting other BI applications such as SAS.
- Manage end-to-end Platform & Infrastructure request with minimal direction from Functional Managers.
- Maintains and updates existing Tableau servers, test client applications to determine compatibility with upgrades, and work with internal customers to resolve any issues.
- Servers as primary technical point of contact on Tableau server engagements of moderate to high complexity including service tickets requiring analysis.
- Participates in capacity planning and performance testing to ensure tableau environments are adequately sized and configured to meet current and projected demand.
- Work with SQL/Unix shell/data sources to prepare and transform underlying data as needed.
- Follow administration guidelines for server upgrades, backups, patching, performance tuning and security and administration of the application.
- Manage the users, groups, licenses and integration with Active Directory, taking care of authorization and permissions.
- Understand and propose improvements to underlying data models.
- Clearly communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Develop a set of Tableau development best practices and share across user groups.
- Stay ahead of new Tableau capabilities and deliver internal Tableau training as needed to internal functional user groups.
- Perform trend analysis of system logs, audits, management data, etc. to identify performance issues and drive improvements to ensure optimal performance.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of IT experience or in lieu of the Bachelor's Degree, a High School Diploma/GED and 10 years of experience in Information Technology with data management
- Minimum of 5 years of development experience with Tableau Desktop, Tableau Client Portal, Tableau Online and Tableau Server in a business environment.
- 2 years of experience with Data Modelling concepts
- 2 years of experience with SQL, Hadoop
- 2 years of experience using Data Lake to build dashboards
- 1 Experience gathering, and translating end user requirements into end user reports
- Tableau Qualified Associates or Tableau Certified Professional certification is a plus
- Proficiency with embedding Tableau in Sharepoint Sites.
- Familiarity with Agile approach to development and delivery
- 2 years of BI Reporting experience with various tools such as SAS VA, Business Objects.
- Perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and deal with changing priorities and meet timelines/due dates