Vice President - HR at Synchrony Financial
Views:85 Applications:5 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Synchrony Financial - Walkin - AVP - AbInitio Administrator - L11 (10-18 yrs)
We are conducting exclusive Hiring drive for Technology and Analytics roles on 18th & 19th May 2019 in Delhi
Venue: Eros Hotel
New Delhi - 110019
Timings : 10am to 5pm
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title: AVP, Ab Initio Administrator - L11
Role Summary/Purpose :
We are looking for a Ab Initio Administrator to be part of Abinitio CoE for the mission critical and low latency analytic environment leveraging Big Data technologies and transform the legacy systems.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Administer and maintain Ab Initio clusters in Hadoop environment across on-premise and cloud - production, DR and non-production.
- Administer the following Ab Initio Products ( Co>Op system, Acquire>It, Control Center, Metadata Hub, Authentication Gateway) With Linux operating system.
- Handle all Ab Initio environments, security, cluster setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Perform Ab Initio cluster maintenance with patching, Co>Op upgrade, EME backup/recovery, user provisioning, automation of routine tasks, troubleshooting of failed jobs, configure and maintain security policies.
- Upgrade Ab Initio cluster to latest version that includes all the bug fixes, security enhancements and new features
- Work on support cases and resolve the user issues.
- Identify product related issues and work with vendors to have them fixed
- Identify infrastructure related issues such as disk failures and work with hosting teams to have it fixed
- Work on new component exploration and proof of concepts
- Support user requests
- Build new scripts/logics for new monitoring
- Automation of manual tasks through Ab Initio/shell scripts
- 24X7 rotational support.
- 10+ years of experience in Ab Initio administration with latest Co>Op system and Ab Initio products (like Acquire>It, Control Center, Metadata Hub, Authentication Gateway).
- Significant experience with and knowledge of Big Data technologies such Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, different data file formats, NoSQL engines.
- Knowledge of basic Linux Administration.
- General operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system's capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks. Day to day tasks
- Knowledge and experience working in in-memory grid computing applications
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information and provide advice to management.
- Expert communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills necessary to present, explain, and advise senior management and/or external sponsors.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Working experience on Postgres databases and able to resolve related issues
- Extensive experience working with data warehouses and big data platforms
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with senior leaders
- Ability to be a team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
- Ability to take ownership and act with high sense of urgency
- Outstanding written and verbal skills and the ability to influence and motivate teams