Swiggy - Platform Engineer - DevOps (2-8 yrs)
Infrastructure and Operations Platform Engineering is an engineering discipline that brings together software development, systems engineering and operations perspectives that support the building and operation in production of large scale, complex, distributed systems, with stringent expectations for uptime, availability, scale, fault tolerance, and operating efficiency. Infraops is also a state of mind :
- Engineers on Swiggy;s Infrastructure and Operations Platform team
- Scale the Swiggy platform and services through automation, tooling, and system optimization.
- Work with other engineering teams to build highly available, robust, low latency, auto-scaling and efficient services.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for the building and operation of complex services and the infrastructure they run on.
- Architect, develop, and deliver solutions to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Swiggy services.
- Design, develop, and deliver solutions to optimise all aspects of the developer experience and development lifecycle.
- Solve complex problems for critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
- Familiarity with running production environments at scale, on public cloud infrastructures (and AWS in particular) is crucial in this role along with an in-depth understanding of Unix systems internals, programming, and networking.
Required Qualifications : B.E./B.Tech degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and systems and network administration.
Experience in one or more of the following :
- C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting.
- An understanding of and experience with systems and network tracing and observability tools.
Preferred qualifications :
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems. Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with good communication skills and a very strong sense of ownership and drive
- The ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.