Swiggy - DevOps Engineer - System Monitoring Tools (4-10 yrs)
DevOPs Engineer :
We are looking for a passionate hands-on engineers to join Swiggy's Platform Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible to drive innovation in product development, while relentlessly improving performance, scalability, and maintainability.
Job Description :
- Minimum of 4years of hands on experience in software development and DevOps, specifically managing AWS Infrastructure such as EC2s, RDS, Elastic cache, S3, IAM, cloud trail and other services provided by AWS.
- Experience Building a multi-region highly available auto-scaling infrastructure that optimises performance and cost. plan for future infrastructure as well as Maintain & optimise existing infrastructure.
- Conceptualise, architect and build automated deployment pipelines in a CI/CD environment like Jenkins.
- Conceptualise, architect and build a containerised infrastructure using Docker, Mesosphere or similar SaaS platforms.
- Conceptualise, architect and build a secured network utilising VPCs with inputs from the security team.
- Work with developers & QA to institute a policy of Continuous Integration with Automated testing Architect, build and manage dashboards to provide visibility into delivery, production application functional and performance status.
- Work with developers to institute systems, policies and workflows which allow for rollback ofdeployments
- Triage release of applications to production environment on a daily basis.
- Interface with developers and triage SQL queries that need to be executed in production environments.
- Maintain 24/7 on-call rotation to respond and support troubleshooting of issues in production.
- Assist the developers and on calls for other teams with post mortem, follow up and review of issues affecting production availability.
- Minimum 2 years- experience in Ansible.
- Must have written playbook to automate provisioning of AWS infrastructure as well as automation of routine maintenance tasks.
- Must have had prior experience automating deployments to production and lower environments.
- Experience with APM tools like New Relic and log management tools.
- Our entire platform is hosted on AWS, comprising of web applications, webservices, RDS, Redis andElasticSearch clusters and several other AWS resources like EC2, S3, Cloud front, Route53 and SNS.
- Essential Functions System Architecture Process Design and Implementation
- Minimum of 2 years scripting experience in Ruby/Python (Preferable) and Shell Web Application Deployment Systems Continuous Integration tools (Ansible)Establishing and enforcing Network Security Policy (AWS VPC, Security Group) & ACLs.
- Establishing and enforcing systems monitoring tools and standards
- Establishing and enforcing Risk Assessment policies and standards
- Establishing and enforcing Escalation policies and standards.