HR at CrossTab IT Consulting
Views:83 Applications:4 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Support Engineer - Java/Loan IQ (9-12 yrs)
Job Purpose :
- The holder of the role is a domain expert who will take the lead in managing one or more complex issues reported by a client, and seeing to their final resolution. At times, he may be asked to follow up on critical customer projects, set up special validation plans or take on specialized tasks in his area of expertise. Unlike the Team Leader, the Expert Support Engineer does not usually take on team management responsibilities.
- Technical analysis of highest order is expected using Java coding skills and troubleshooting skills and usage of tools to find the root cause of issues. Also to work as part of a global team.
Decision Making & Authority :
- The Support Engineer reports either to the Support Manager or to the Team Leader. He is responsible for issue investigation; detailed analysis in order to understand and reproduce issues. He also takes responsibility over the validation of the client bug fixes, carried outby Level 3 Support, before these fixes are released to the clients.
- The role holder has neither direct nor indirect reports,nor budget responsibility.
Key Relationships :
- Professional Services, Customer Support, Sales Operations
- 3rd Level Support & QA - Development
- Customer group: select client population
Key Responsibilities (Key accountabilities of the job) :
1. Product knowledge :
- Uses his excellent understanding of the product functionalities and capabilities to validate technical requirements and ensure an external view of the implemented functionalities.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for most of the technical/functional aspect of the product, including as architecture and processes and propose enhancements & improvements
- Technical experts should have acquired an adequate understanding of the functional aspects of the product. Functional experts should have acquired an adequate understanding of the technical aspects of the product.
- Provides regular help to team members, is able to deliver training and to transfer knowledge to the team. Is perceived as a trusted advisor
2. Issue investigation :
- Is able to handle the most complex cases and to find the most efficient ways to resolve them. Involves other teams from Development center, when necessary
- Focuses on handling urgent, unassigned cases that are of a high level of difficulty
- Follows Best practices for case management and encourages others to do the same
- Takes on a role of mentor and coach for supporters from other levels, when necessary
3. Case tracking :
- Is capable of working on multiple tasks simultaneously, with regular interaction with the client
- Manages multiple tasks in parallel under pressure and when necessary promptly investigate issues on a remote basis
- Follows up on crisis to ensure the team is able to get client on track.
- Provides regular updates on projects, identifies risks and raises warning when necessary
4. Client interaction :
- Follow-up of upgrades of major clients as the main contact from the development centre
- Follows up on major crises and ensures the team is able to get client on track, taking the lead to resolve problems when required
- Travels onsite on client missions to drive case resolution and and complete issue analysis, when necessary
5. Planning and Development :
- Effectively plans and manages multiple tasks as well as drive the team's activity towards the achievement of the key deliverable.
- Stays up-to-date in his product knowledge via self-study and self-discovery
- Delivers on time and within the estimated timelines and is able to foresee impact of changing priorities
- Identifies gaps in the skill set/knowledge of colleagues and suggest training and development plans
Specification (Qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience) :
- Strong Java Technical expertise with functional knowledge in Loan IQ or syndicated lending domain.
- More than 8 years of experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong Core Java coding skills
- Strong in XML
- Strong in Writing Database queries
- Strong Trouble shooting experience using Java code and other tools.
- Should be able to analyse complex issues like memory heap garbage collection, CPU statistics, server logs, database logs and heap dumps
- Coach team members and bring their experience level up.
- Providing training and creation of knowledge articles
- Effectively manages different types of tasks at the same time
- Able to remain calm under pressure. Able to put views across assertively and staying positive even faced with negative and difficult situations.Able to provide input on the definition and implementation of projects
- Commitment to customer service - willing to go the extra mile to provide excellent service
- Good Knowledge of triaging networks and basic server administration.
- Good time management and ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel under pressure
- Ability to work independently as well as being a team player
- Able to handle pressure when working on-site
- Able to provide input on the definition and implementation of projects
Qualifications & certification :
- Basic degree: Preferably in Engineering / Mathematics / Computer Science/ Finance / Business Administration
- Strong knowledge and experience on JAVA, databases.
- Additional C++ / XML Web Services/ MQ is a Big Plus
- Experience working on Windows server environment, UNIX environment is Big plus.