HR Professional at Stryker
Views:608 Applications:56 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Stryker - Software Quality Engineer (3-6 yrs)
Founded in 1941 and headquartered in Kalamazoo, Michigan, Stryker Corporation engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of orthopedic products and medical specialties worldwide. Stryker Corporation is a fast-paced company with aggressive growth targets. They have historically increased revenues by 20% each year for the last 27 years. Stryker's company culture prides itself on 5 tenets: service ethics, integrity, innovation, accountability, customer relationships.
The Emerging Markets Region include 10 countries, categorized in 5 key regions: Korea, Taiwan, China/Hong Kong, Southern Asia (India and ASEAN) and South Pacific (ANZ). Stryker opened its global research and development centre in Gurgaon in April 2006, to enhance their technology innovations and boost the commercial expansion in India.
Job Description :
1.2 Roles and Responsibilities :
- Primarily responsible for: Risk Management, Design Inputs review, Design History File Documents review, Design Output Document review, Code Review, Test log test plans, Software verification and Validation.
- Participate in Risk Management per ISO14971 to ensure the safety and effectiveness of product.
- Responsible to ensure provisions of software life cycle processes are followed and associated reviews are conducted.
- Conduct design reviews during various phases of NPD.
- Work with team to develop robust verification, validation & release strategies to ensure product compliance, safety, reliability & effectiveness.
- Work with team to develop robust software architecture as per quality and regulatory requirements.
- Expert-level knowledge of current industry standards for software engineering and risk management practices ideally from the domain of safety critical applications
- Demonstrated ability to apply software and system quality management practices in efficient and effective ways while being compliant.
- Solutions-based approach to quality engineering, wants to provide - added value" (- quality police- attitudes won- t survive in our culture).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
1.3 Desired Profile :
Education: B.Tech/BE in Computer Science or System Engineering
- Experience : 3+ years
(2+ years experience in new product development focused on quality engineering related activities. Strong preference given to medical device industry experience)
1. Demonstrated organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
2. Demonstrated ability to self-motivate
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with others in various coordinate disciplines and on multi-national teams.
4. Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
Specific Job Skills :
- DQA shall drive coordination with different departments (such a R&D, Testing, Regulatory, Post Market Quality) to ensure the resulting part/product/process is safe, compliant and effective
- Experience on NPD process and various phases of new product development.
- Knowledge of ISO 14971, IEC 62304, 60601-1 family of standards.
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems. (ISO 13485, 21 CRF 820, ISO 9001)
- Awareness on programming languages, embedded software & tools.
- Ability to review Defects (Electrical & Software)
- Ensure that software, mechanical, electronic, and material/implant engineering follow the same approaches, wherever possible, to ensure seamless cooperation between these diverse disciplines and their associated system responsibilities.
- Provide expertise in establishing good specifications and protocols like requirements, architecture, detailed design, verification & validation planning, etc.
- Establish world class risk methodologies for complex systems based upon existing corporate/divisional approaches.
- Conduct and moderate all kind of Design Reviews (e.g. SRS Reviews, source code reviews, etc.).
- Establish overall system test design in cooperation with test engineering.
- Educate the organization in exceptional engineering processes & practices; including good documentation, formal design reviews, code inspections and the other practices mentioned above.