HR Professional at Stryker
Views:194 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Stryker - Senior Staff Engineer - Embedded System (9-14 yrs)
The company :
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including orthopaedics, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology & spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives.
Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries around the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.stryker.com.
Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK) announced that it has been named as one of the 2017 Best Companies to Work for in the United States. This is the seventh consecutive year Stryker has been named to the list, and the company was ranked 19 out of 100
Our mission :
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
Quick Facts :
- $11.325 billion in annual sales in 2016, 73% in U.S.
- Annual revenue has grown for 37 straight years
- 18% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 37 years
- ~33,000 employees globally
- Products sold in 100+ countries
- 44 manufacturing and research & development locations worldwide
- Included in the Standard & Poor's 500 Index
- Ranked # 287 on Fortune Magazine's - FORTUNE 500- list for 2016
- Ranked # 5 on Fortune Magazine's - World's Most Admired Companies- list for the - Medical Equipment- industry for 2016
- Ranked # 21 on Fortune Magazine's - 100 Best Companies to Work For- list (U.S.) for 2016
- Spent $715 million on research and development in 2016, consistently spend between 5.0 - 6.3% of sales on R&D annually since 2000
- 4,898 patents owned globally in 2015
- Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
- Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK
Who we want :
- User-focused creators. Engineers who design with the user in mind, developing medical devices that help change patients- lives.
- Self-directed imitators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
- Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
- Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
What you will do :
1. Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements operating systems components, software tools and utilities. Determines systems software design requirements. Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Generates systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures.
2. This is a highly specialized individual contributor role that requires deep expertise from a professional / technical thought leader in their respective field or discipline. This position typically requires extensive experience in a specialized field and an advanced college degree or equivalent. The role requires expertise within a discipline in a specialized field. The job provides technical guidance and direction for his/ her area of specialization.
3. The individual will be part of a team that is developing Battery operated Micro Power Tools.
4. Develop embedded SW for medical products which involve the following responsibilities :
a. Develop requirements and perform software hazard analysis
b. Architect and design the functionality as per design controls
c. Implement Software in C/C++ as per coding guidelines
d. Prepare and Execute Test Plans for Unit, Integration and System level
e. Have direct daily interactions with Principal/Chief SW Engineers located in different locations.
What you need :
1. The job requires good analytical skills as well as evaluative judgement based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information in complicated or novel situations. The complexity implied at this level of problem solving relates to the ability to filter, prioritize, analyze and validate potentially complex and dynamic material.
2. This job typically requires an electronics/computer science/electrical degree or equivalent and a minimum of 6 or more years- experience.
3. Should have gone through one of more new product development experience.
4. Good knowledge on Embedded C
5. Good knowledge on microcontrollers.
6. Familiar and be able to work thru both - waterfall- and - agile- software development process.
7. Should be able to handle complete development (Driver, BSP and Application) of features without any support
8. Experience in development of low level drivers for Program Flash/Data Flash, UART, DMA, I2C, SPI, Timers and CRC
9. Good knowledge on Controller Startup Software
10. Good Knowledge on RTOS
11. Strong board level troubleshooting skills and understanding of hardware-software interaction
12. Experience on testing of systems/products at unit, integration and system level.
13. Embedded Software test script development
14. Good documentation and Written/Verbal communication skills.
Position Snapshot :
Job Title : Sr Staff Engineer
Business Function : SGTC - R&D
Location : India, Gurgaon, Haryana