Founder CEO at PKS & Associates
Views:330 Applications:10 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Staff Engineer/Lead Engineer - Passive Optical Network (7-10 yrs)
Staff Engineer / Lead Engineer - PON @ Bangalore, India
Our client is a technology transformation company working on some of the most advanced telecommunication technologies like Edge-Cloud, Software Defines Access Technologies, 5G, IOT and so on.
- They are on a mission to create world class networking products.
- This position is for one of such new product initiatives that is going to be developed out of their Bangalore R&D center and deployed across large telecom operator networks across the world.
Position : Staff Engineer / Lead Engineer (Staff is senior to Lead) - PON. ONLY PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CANDIDATES ARE BEING CONSIDERED. OTHERS NEED NOT APPLY.
Education : Post-Graduate / Graduate in Computer Science / Electronics Engineering in the relevant field
Experience : 7+ years of experience in telecom industry on product requirements, development and deployment.
Location : Bangalore
Compensation : Competitive and commensurate with candidate caliber and experience
Role Responsibilities and Desired Profile :
- Staff or Lead Engineer is appointed by the Engineering HOD to lead the solution, architecture & technology choices in Passive Optical Network (PON) & FTTx domain.
- Responsible for Understanding systems and software requirements. Working with Architects and Team of Engineers to design and develop product features.
- Hold responsibility of software module ownership and quality.
- Create product design and feature documentation, performance benchmark.
- Contribution toward thought leadership activities in collaboration with Architects. Reports to Engineering Manager and interacts with the Team, Leads (peers), Architects, Test Team for Requirements, Design, Code. Test and Solutions.
- Preferred Industry Experience : 7+ years of experience in telecom industry on product requirements, development and deployment. Hands-on experience in telecommunications products (wireline or wireless).
- Experience in broadband wireline telecom domain: OLT/PON/xGPON/FTTx.
- Experience in telecom equipment management solutions: OMCI/FCAPS
- Expertise in product design, development, testing and debugging.
- Expertise in L2/L3 Control and Data Plane Feature Design/Development is desirable.
- Well versed with Agile/Scrum software development life cycles and processes
Responsibilities and Key Result Areas :
A Lead/Staff Engineer is primarily responsible for the following :
a) PON / FTTx (Mandatory - Any 2)
- Hands on experience in developing OLT-PON L2 networking features.
- Hands on experience in FTTx features - Unicast and Multicast over PON,PON-QOS, DBA.
-Hands on experience in PON management - OMCI, PON-redundancy. OLT deployment and network integration experience with service providers.
b) Systems & Programming (mandatory): Programming / Scripting - JAVA / C / C++ (Python/ Golang knowledge is desirable).
- Experience in system integration, testing and debugging, troubleshooting, deployment.
- Experience in system performance benchmarking and optimization is desirable.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills.
c) Networking (Desirable): Experience in L3 / routing - DHCP, IGMP/PIM, ERPS, Other routing protocols.
d) Platform (Desirable): Knowledge of operating systems and experience in Linux operating system and packages like DHCP, NFS, PXE-Boot. Knowledge of working with / integrating / extending Open Source software.
- Accountability and Authorities: Accountable for his / her responsibilities described above in Role section. Authorized to approve the architecture, product requirements, design documents and the system test specifications.
- Decision Making: Defines/Approves any architectural changes in the product program. Technical changes in the product program.
Skill Set :
- Soft Skills.
- Good communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and listening).
- Good mentoring skills.
- Good demonstration skills and customer interaction. Active team player & excellent interpersonal interactions skills in a team work environment.
- Must have ability to drive and demand result from team, resolve technical conflicts. Ability to front end big customers / operators with technical and business acumen desirable.
Qualification : Post-Graduate / Graduate in Computer Science / Electronics Engineering in the relevant field.
If you fit in, pls mail your CV in Word format alongwith current & expected CTC, notice period to the mail-id below. Do mention exact job title in the subjectline of your mail for it to be noticed. We contact only shortlisted candidates.