Consultant at Wenger & Watson
Views:385 Applications:56 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Staff Engineer/Architect - Java/J2EE (12-15 yrs)
Your Opportunity :
As a part of the Mexico ecommerce initiative, you will have the opportunity to be part of a team that is being built from the ground up to work on 5 different brands including General Merchandise, Grocery, Samsclub, Suprema and Bodega. With over 2500 stores and a vibrant market that is growing at 26% CAGR, Mexico presents a challenging environment where ecommerce growth is fueled by an expected internet penetration increase of 30% and a 20% increase in smartphone adoption by 2020. It is also a uniquely strategic and time sensitive opportunity for Walmart to gain a substantial lead in Mexico over the rest of our competition.
As Senior Architect for you would be responsible to :
1. Help define and influence the next generation shopping architecture
2. Work very closely with various business and technology stakeholders to drive the execution of multiple technology initiatives
3. Explore new technologies and run POCs that can add to the future technology roadmap for the team
4. Help hire, develop, upskill and mentor a strong team of engineers.
5. Take part in design, architecture and code reviews across different work streams
Your Qualifications :
- An Engineering Degree - B.E/B.Tech/MS/PhD in any stream - Computer Science preferred.
- 12+ years of relevant experience with the following skills
- Proven experience in driving architecture, design and development of distributed systems focusing on high scalability, availability and extensibility
- Experience in data crunching and deriving business insights using big data/machine learning techniques
- Excellent knowledge with architecting distributed scalable systems using big data and NoSQL
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience in delivering SOA, cloud and REST Services using Java/JEE, Spring, CXF etc-
- Worked across the product development SDLC